Chapter 17

RIAN POV

As soon as Alex and I walk through my front door, Bruno welcomes us back with his adorable loud barks and his adrenalized breathing. Alex crouches down, and Bruno starts wagging his tail excitedly while she pets him, and I smile.

"I couldn't have asked for a better night, Alex." I say, crouching down to pet Bruno.

"I was just about to say the same." She says and her smile is bright.

Bruno runs away from us, and leaps onto the couch and starts playing with something. I stand up and hold my hand out for Alex to take, and she rises up before pulling her dress down. The look on her face is seductive, and I just want to love her and cherish her in every way that a woman should be loved and cherished.

"Tonight was great, and I really like what I learned about you." I say.

"Me too." She replies.

I take her hand, and we both walk upstairs to my bedroom. As soon as I close the door behind us, all of my self control leaves my body as I pin her against the wall. A surprised gasp leaves her mouth, and I caress her soft skin underneath her jaw before I dip my head to her neck. I place tender kisses all over her neck, and her moans vibrate her throat against my lips. Her breathing hitches as I do this, and I playfully bite her neck.

"Rian." She moans breathily.

I kiss her lips again, and our lips are entwined together. It's like I can feel her heartbeat against my lips when we kiss, and I can feel her hands shaking against my waist, so I stop automatically.

"I'm sorry," I say breathlessly. "I should've-, are you nervous?" I ask while carefully grabbing her hands.

"A little." She mumbles, and regret swims through my body.

"Damn, Alex. I'm sorry, you need to tell me when to stop! I don't want to make you uncomfortable in any way." I say, afraid that I made Alex feel uneasy.

"Rian," She says, but I continue rambling.

"That was one of the lessons my parents taught me; to always respect a woman's boundaries. I probably just went outside of your comfort zone and I-, I'm sorry."

Alex comes up and kisses me, and I feel a surge of reassurance course throughout me.

"Rian, it's okay. I love that you're always worried about how I feel. I just need some more time before we can-, well...y'know." She says awkwardly, and I let out a light chuckle.

"Thank you, Alex. I always kind of freak out when it seems like you don't really want me to do something, and my parents voices ring in my head." I explain.

She kisses me again, and she just nods understandingly.

"It's okay." She says and kisses me.

We both change into our pajamas, and I watch Alex sleep peacefully in my arms. I slowly stroke her arm as my other hand plays with her hair. 

I've only known this girl for about a month, and she started out as just any other patient, but now she's totally taken over me.

~~~

2 WEEKS LATER

It's Saturday afternoon, and I'm packing my bag with clothes and other necessities I'll need when I'm at my parents estate in Sacramento. Alex watches me pack, and Bruno is constantly following me in and out of my closet. Once I've finally gotten everything I need, I turn around and see Alex staring at me in melancholy.