BONUS SCENES ♡

Here are some additional scenes that I wrote, but didn't make it in the actual story. I didn't  want these scenes to go to waste, so I'm sharing them with you all.

Enjoy! :)

RIAN MEETS ALEX

Today's been a pretty normal day at the hospital. Not too busy, but it isn't extremely slow either. Currently, I stand at a desk, entering some information about a patient into the computer. I feel a large hand clap me on the back, startling me.

"Dr. Peterson." Dr. Raymond says, and I smile.

"How can I help you?" I ask politely.

Dr. Raymond is our Chief of Staff, and I'm always on my best behavior around him. Not saying that I'm normally slacking and not doing my job when he isn't around, but I make sure that I'm even more professional when he's around.

"You're needed in the emergency room. There's a patient with a pretty serious knee injury." He informs me, and I nod.

"How serious is it?" I ask, and he sighs.

"Let's walk and talk, shall we?"

Before I step away from the desk, I make sure that the work I was getting close to finishing won't be tampered with and save it a few times just to be safe. Dr. Raymond hands me a clipboard as we walk side by side to the ER.

"One of the men who were in the ambulance had asked the patient a few questions and they put the information on this sheet."

We slow our pace as I take the time to scan the information, and the image is glued to my eyeballs until I can get to a computer. A nurse exits a room nearby, and orders us to follow her.

We look at the x-rays, all gasping in unison. Alexandrianna or Alex, the patient, has completely dislocated her knee. She has lateral displacement and dislocation of her patella. I wince just looking at the MRI and x-rays because I know that cannot be pleasant at all.

"This is really serious." I say, continuing to look at the x-rays.

"Yeah, she's obviously in a lot of pain." The nurse says, and she takes me out of the room.

We walk side by side, and we finally get to the ER.

"So this patient has a knee dislocation and is going to need a reduction. You're the best doctor that we know that can complete this task." The nurse says.

I'm one of the youngest doctors here at this hospital being at the tender age of twenty four. Sometimes, I can tell that some of the older doctors are a bit envious of how much success and achievements I've already had.

I'm not arrogant or haughty, because that's not how I was raised. My parents are both humble and respectable, and they taught myself and my siblings how to be that same way.

We finally reach the patients room, but before I go in, the nurse stops me.

"What?" I demand.

"Are you a hundred percent sure that you're ready to perform another reduction? It's a pretty serious procedure." She asks.

"I know what I'm doing."

"Just be sure to tell her everything that's going to happen, okay?"

"Okay, okay. I'll tell her." I say.

I push the curtains back, and the young woman in the bed automatically looks up at me. I take a look at her, and I find myself already admiring her features.