Another AlaTex

"Where are ya going?" The older boy asked the younger one as he ran off, camera in his hand. The Alaskan was not slowed down by his large winter boots, nor the Texan with his tiny, pointed cowboy boots. The boys, age 14 and 15, had both adjusted to their footwear.

"Hey, where are ya going?" The older boy repeated as he picked up his pace, now running about ten kilometers per hour instead of maybe 9.6. The Alaskan refused to stop. He kept running, splashing puddles that he ran into and out of, gliding on fresh mud. It had rained an hour ago, at about 7:00 at night.

Finally, the Alaskan stopped, at the edge of a cliff, the Texan now scared out of his wits. But the 14-year-old just sat at the edge and motioned his eastern (yes, believe it or not) friend to sit with him. The two boys sat together and watched the sun as it slowly covered itself in a dark blanket known as the night sky.

"Real beautiful, huh?" The Alaskan boy asked as he dug out his camera from the pocket he had just shoved it in. The Texan nodded, shivering slightly.

"You're cold," the Alaskan added, "here, take my jacket." The Texan accepted the jacket, swinging it on him, feeling it walk away in the breeze, him clutching onto it firmly. The warmth heated him instantly, and it was nice.

The shutter of an old fashioned camera clicked, and the picture came out seconds after. The northern boy didn't bother taking them out, the Texan grabbing them, as he kept clicking. After about eight clicks, the Alaskan put the camera on his lap.

"I didn't really get to know you from our schoolyard fights," The camera boy said to the Westerner, "Never really asked your name."

"Wiley. Yours?" The Texan let the cold air blow his hair back, messing it up.

"Eric," the boy replied, a small smile making its way onto his face. Both boys laughed as the sun went down, but the moon was towards their backside. Both Eric and Wiley then turned from serious to joking, like boys should.

"I bet you that it's a full moon." Wiley said.

"Nope, it's definitely a waxing crescent," Eric remarked, "I'll give you a dollar if it isn't, but if it is, you give me a dollar." Both boys nodded, and turned their heads to face the full moon.

"Haha, I get a dollar," the westerner said, and Eric rolled his eyes, reluctantly plucking four quarters out of his jean pocket and passing it to Wiley. "Here you go," he said as the Texan grabbed the money.

Just as the Texan stood up to leave, Eric looked him in the eye seriously. "Can you stay here?" He asked like a little child would. "Just for a few minutes?"

Wiley sat back down, and Eric pointed out some different constellations, smiling weakly. Both boys fell asleep under the stars.

[Aww, this is is cute. It's an OTP. Who agrees?]