Chapter 5

Im going to do a little time skip. So it's now APRIL, meaning it's time for Aug and Chris to have their court date.

*3 months later*

Olivia POV

I smoother down my slacks and fixed my blazer, sitting in the back of the limo.

"You okay? Y'all good?" I asked Aug and Chris.

"I should be asking you sis. You look hella nervous." Chris laughed a little and pulled Kelsey a little closer to him.

"Im...im okay. It's my first case so im a little nervous, that's all."

August reached over and grabbed my hand, squeezing it a little.

"You got this Rose."

I took a deep breath as he pulled my hands up to his mouth for a kiss.

Neither of us have brought up what happened at the hospital months ago, we both have been so busy with the case, it never came up.

"Thank you August." I smiled.

He leaned in and our noses were touching. I closed my eyes, taking in his scent as he kissed my lips repeatedly. He grabbed my face, licking my bottom lip. I tilted my head a little, biting at his top lip before sucking it. Our tongues danced before it grew uncomfortable and I pulled away.

"Just a little motivation." He smirked, causing me to laugh.

"Damn. Me and Chris need to step it up." Kel finally spoke.

She hasn't said much all day, I know she's really nervous and wants Chris home.

"We good baby." Chris said, rubbing her thigh.

The limo pulled up to the courthouse and we all put on our shades.

Paps were surrounding the whole area, so I knew this would be all over the media by tommorow. Hell, even tonight.

The police officers opened our door, escorting Chris and August first.

Me and Kelsey followed behind as we were bombarded with questions and flashes.

"Olivia! Does the judge know you and Aug have relations?"

"Olivia! This way! You want to address the publicity rumors?"

"Are you aware August is just using you to get out of jail?"

I bit my bottom lip, trying not to say anything I would regret.

Once we made it inside, we were the first to be let into the courtroom.

Mama Sheila, my grandma, Ashley, and Layla were all there.

We all greeted each other and I held back tears as Layla ran to Aug.

They shared a special moment and it was almost time for the judge to enter.

Because of Aug's status, we managed to get a private court appearance. So it was just immediate family and friends.

The judge walked in, she was a white female, she looked about 45.

"All rise" the cop in front of her desk spoke.

"August Alsina and Christopher Brown against the state of California, charged for the rape and murder of India Westbrooks."

Although we live in New York, the crime was committed in California, so a California judge and jury was present to represent the state.

After the jury was seated, a lady that looked a lot like India entered with her lawyer. Everyone was finally here and it was time to start.