Chapter 6

Haven't eaten a thing today cause Thanksgiving tommorow😂 #collardgreens #ham #ionfuckwithturkey #macandcheese #dressing #gaining10pounds

Like and comment!

August POV

*day 12 of court*

I sat back watching Olivia in her element. All her hair was slicked back in a low bun. She was wearing a long skirt and a blazer but you could still see her curves perfectly.

She fixed her glasses and turned, facing the jury.

She has a long stick in her hand that she used to point to a big cut out poster of the crime scene.

"Your honor, I'd like to point out a few things not mentioned about the crime scene, along with India's autopsy."

The judge nodded.

"Now, the autopsy reports say she died of serious head trauma and internal bleeding, notice here.." She pointed to a small coffee table that was in the living room. "The corner of the sharp wooden coffee table is approximately 3.2 inches from where India's dead body was found."

"Where are you going with this?" The judge asked.

"This was all an accident. August pushed India, and she fell back, hitting her head on the corner of the table."

The jury began mumbling and writing down things as Olivia looked over at Mr. Atkins.

"Also. Police claim August and Chris raped India, but I had both of them DNA and tested. Their specimen doesn't match what was found in her vaginal tissue." She brought medical files up to the judge, allowing her to review them.

"Well, Ms. Miller, it's very clear that these two men didn't rape India, but that doesn't explain the signs of struggle and damaged vaginal tissue. She was raped."

"Indeed, which is why I took it upon myself to further investigate."

She walked back over to where me and Chris were sitting. "August." She spoke.

"Yeah"

"Raise your hand."

I rose my left hand and she grabbed a ruler, measuring it. "His hands are 10 and a half inches." She showed everyone and the jury nodded. She measured chris' hands too. "Christopher's hands are 9 inches."

She walked back to the center of the court. "The autopsy shows hand prints on India's wrists and neck. The prints measure to be about 7 inches. Whoever did this was short and had small hands. August and Chris didn't touch India."

The judge nodded. "Ms. Miller you are a very clever lady. I think we all see clearly now."

"Your honor I object!" Mr. Atkins yelled. "I'd like to take the floor."

"Granted." The judge responded.

Olivia POV

I walked back to my seat smirking. I had the judge and the jury in the palm of my hands.

"I'd like to call Olivia Miller to the stand." He spoke, smiling.

I raised an eyebrow and stood, walking to the chair.

"Ms. Miller." He spoke. "22 years old, a successful lawyer, and an intelligent woman."

"Are you gonna ask me questions or ask me out?" I asked, causing small laughs from the jury.

He cleared his throat and fixed his tie.

"No. Im just admiring how driven you are to win this case."