Chapter 25

Olivia POV

"That was amazing." Nick said smiling, reaching over to hug me.

"I know." I smiled back, putting my glasses back on.

"Im really glad my mama found you as a lawyer, I feel like the case is gonna work out in our favor." Nick hesitated a little as we got closer to the doors of the courtroom.

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, I just hate that I have to go back."

"I understand....kinda."

"You do?" He laughed.

"Well..I've never been in your position, but people very close to me have. It's sad." I decided to take a seat, motioning for him to sit next to me.

We talked about the plan for the next court date before it was time for the police to take him back. After saying goodbye, I was in the car and on my way home.

Walking up to my door, I unlocked it, walking into Kelsey and Bri sitting at the kitchen table.

"You guys are having a chipotle date without me?" I fake pouted, sitting my stuff down.

"Calm down cry baby, your bowl is in the fridge." Kelsey mumbled, biting into her burrito.

After changing my clothes into something more comfortable, I joined them at the table, digging into my steak bowl.

"So, what yall been up to?" Kelsey asked, rubbing her belly.

I looked over at Briana, who sipped on her lemonade, looking over the other way. I know she heard me and Aug's argument a few days ago, she just hasn't brought it up, which im glad about. I wasn't really ready to talk about it.

"Nothing." I mumbled, stuffing a spoon full of rice in my mouth.

"Olivia Miller, you know damn well you a horrible liar. Now what the hell happened?" Kelsey frowned, pulling out a second burrito.

"Two burritos, Kel?" Briana asked, laughing.

"Hell yes." She responded, turning her attention back to me. "Now spill the tea."

I sighed, taking a sip of my water. "Aug popped up the other day."

"Oh, so you got some dick?"

Briana choked on her lemonade, trying to hide her laughter. "Kelsey, don't get blocked." I laughed a little as she put her arms up in surrender.

"He came to tell me that Nia's baby isn't his."

"How does he know? Wasn't she only like 6 months?"

"I don't really know, but I saw the results, and he definitely isn't."

"So what now? Are you gonna take him back?" Briana asked.

"Why should I? He still cheated."

"That didn't stop you from taking him back before." Kelsey said as my phone vibrated.

Evan👫💋(4:03 pm): im coming over.

"I don't know. I just wanna show him that lying to me has consequences. He could've told me it was possibly his, I would've understood."

"Well did you say this to him?"

"I tried, I think I really pissed him off though." I bit my bottom lip.

"You stay pissing that man off, what did you do now?"

"Well, he broke my damn phone." I held up my brand new phone . "So I told him to get out. He said if he leaves then he's done."