Chapter 46

Omniscient POV

As soon as August opened the door he knew that lady was Olivia's mama. No doubt in his mind.

"M-mom?" Olivia dropped her purse and August stood back, staying in his place.

"My baby, oh how I've missed you." She reached to touch Olivia's face and she stepped back, looking at her mother's hand.

"Missed me? You don't even know me." Her words came out very cold hearted and her face never softened.

"Olivia I-"

She was interrupted by Briana walking in:

"Livy I think I put my phone in your purse

"Livy I think I put my phone in your purse.....who's this?" She pointed to the lady, who was now crying even harder tears.

"Briana? Oh God come here baby." She wrapped her arms around a frowning Briana who pushed her off.

"Lady what the hell? I don't know y-"

"Bri, come sit." Olivia spoke, mean mugging her mother before taking a seat on the couch.

"I think the nice lady has something to tell us." Olivia sarcastically smiled and August sat next to her, leaning in to whisper in her ear.

"Regardless of what this lady say you betta' stay respectful lah' girl." Olivia rolled her eyes before nodding as Briana and their mother sat across from them.

"I um....I don't know where to start." She played with her fingernails and Olivia crossed her arm.

"How about you start with where the hell you've been for 20 years?"

Her eyes widened and she stuttered to speak.

"Olivia I-"

"Your youngest daughter doesn't even know who the hell you are? Thank God I had little memory of you. You just gave birth to Briana and l-left! Why would you do that to us?" Olivia was now crying and August was rubbing her back.

Briana's jaw dropped as she looked over at her mother.

"You....you're my m-mother?"

The lady nodded and Briana scooted away. "Why are you here?"

"I came to apologize for my absence and to explain myself."

"There is no explanation for leaving your 2 daughters. Do you know all that my father had to do? Do you?" Briana now got defensive and stood up, grabbing her things.

"Maybe I should go."

"I'a walk you out." August stood up, leaving Olivia and Briana to console eachother.

"Who are you again?"

"I'm Olivia's fiance, August."

"Oh yes, that's right. Nice to meet you again." She put her hand out to shake his and he grabbed it, shaking it hesitantly.