Chapter 26

Yall...im having such a bad day. I feel like people love pointing out my mistakes like they don't make any themselves..smh. Somebody please send me some words of encouragement.

-britt

Nick and the picture Olivia posted in the mm😍😍😍😍

Omniscient POV

Olivia and Evan were having a little movie night, they were interrupted by the phone ringing causing Olivia to get up.

"Hello?"

"Is this Olivia Miller?"

"Yes."

"Hi, it's Tanya, Nick's mom? We met up a few times regarding his case."

I frowned, looking over at Evan who was still into the movie. "Oh, hey Ms. Tanya. Is everything alright? Is Nick okay?"

Hearing Nick's name, Evan turned his head, making the same curious face as Olivia.

"He's doing great, im actually on my way to pick him up from the station right now."

"Pick him up?" Olivia asked as Evan motioned for her to put it on speaker.

"Yes, one of the investigators for the CPS wanted to question her about her kids, when they pulled up to her house, she was in the middle of getting a new shipment. That alone was proof enough that my Nick was just trying to protect his kids, so they let him out with a few anger management classes that he has to attend." Ms. Tanya did not like the mother of her grandchildren at all, which is why she never addressed her by her name. She felt like what she did to her kids was totally unacceptable.

"Wow. That's amazing. Congratulations Ms. Tanya." I smiled.

"We couldn't have done it without you sweetheart. In fact, I want to thank you the right way."

"Im fine, really."

"Im having a coming home party for him Tommorow, it'll just be him, his kids, his siblings, and you Ofcourse." Olivia could tell she was smiling through the phone. She paused a little, and Ms. Tanya sensed her hesitation.

"Oh I promise it won't be that bad, you can even bring a friend? It would really make me happy, and Nick will appreciate it." She added.

Although she didn't feel comfortable really meeting his whole family, the last thing she wanted to do was turn down her request.

"I'll be there." She smiled.

"Will anyone else be joining?"

Olivia flashed Evan a pleadinglook, as he shook his head. "Please?" She mouthed. He rolled his eyes. "Fine. You owe me." He whispered, walking back to the couch.

"Yes, my assistant will." She said.

After saying their goodbyes, Olivia sat back down with Evan, enjoying the rest of 'The Equalizer'.

She couldn't help but think of how Tommorow would go. She did put a lot of time in helping Nick, but she didn't feel like she did enough to be apart of his coming home party, that was super intimate and she didn't want to feel like an intruder.

"I know you not sitting here overthinking it. It'll be fine, I'll be with you sis." Evan mumbled.

I smiled, it was almost amazing to Olivia how much Evan knew her in the few months that they have been friends. It was safe to say that Evan would be a good catch if he didn't swing the other way.