Chapter 36

I'm fangirling SO hard rn yo😭 (no pun intended) _yoyooo commented on Save Me. Like oh shit😭 if you all don't know her, she's an amazing writer! Go check out her books pls and have a nice day😭

Omniscient POV

"Olivia chill out baybeh."

"No! She got me fucked up bruh! Slamming doors in my house! I pay bills in here!" Olivia huffed, pacing the floor of her bedroom. It was the next morning and thinking about the whole situation angered her all over again.

"Be the bigger person, ma. Besides yall both 2 grown ass women. That fighting shit dead." August sat on the bed and shook his head at Olivia.

"Does she know that I could be like Kelsey? I could give her hell! But I've been so lenient with her! The disrespect is pissing me off August." She began huffing, causing August to stand up and rub her arms. Her Manhattan accent had now come out, meaning that she was dead serious.

"Olivia stop before you give yourself an attack." He tried to calm her down.

Olivia fought back the tears. She could feel the anxiety coming, and she tried her hardest to push it away. "I just want her to have a happy life, Aug." She laid her head in his chest.

"I-I'm the one that let her run away!"

"Don't blame yourself fa' that. She did that shit on her own." August sat on the bed, placing Olivia in his lap. "Wipe ya' eyes mama." He caressed her face, kissing her cheek.

"You gotta rememba', she not the only one that didn't have a mama growing up. You didn't eitha'. You didn't have nobody to teach you the right way to do certain things. But you stepped up and did the best you could for yourself and for Bri."

Olivia nodded, taking a deep breath. Without August, she would've lost her sanity a long time ago.

"I know, I'm sorry." She smiled a little.

"It's aight, you ca' always express yaself to me. But you know I hate that cryin' shit." He inched his hands up her shirt, causing her to shiver from how cold he was. She laid her head on his shoulder, enjoying his presence. They sat there for a few minutes before August laid Olivia back in the bed.

Walking into Lay's room, he got her up, sitting her in her chair for breakfast.

"What you want munchkin?"

"Seeral!" She yelled.

"What?"

"Seeral." She pointed to the box of coco puffs, causing August to laugh.

"Cereal, Lay?"

"Mhm."she smiled, clapping her hands.

He got out a bowl, pouring the cereal when he heard Briana's door open.

"Goodmorning." She whispered, scratching her head and placing a small kiss on Lay's cheek.

"Morning." August said, sighing.

It was an awkward silence between the two of them.

"Look Bri, I ain' mean to yell atchu' like that. I just don't play when it comes to Lay. I'm sorry aight?"

Briana nodded. "I'm sorry too. I wasn't thinking and I should've just brought Lay home."

"You good. We all make mistakes." he cleared his throat, scratching the back of his neck.

"So who this lah' nigga you seein'?"
August raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms. Since Briana has been living here, August grew a nice relationship with her, he looked at her as a little sister just as much as Olivia did.