Chapter 7

*the next day*

Olivia POV

I walked in with Chris and August and sat as the judge began.

"The state of Los Angeles against August Alsina and Christopher Brown, trial day 13, court is now in session."

"I'd like to begin." I spoke with a hard drive in my hand.

"In my hand is a hard drive to Mrs. westbrooks' security cameras outside of her home. She refused to give them to me, so I took the matters in my own hands." I smiled.

I put it in the display laptop that was connected to a big projector for the whole courtroom to see.

"Here you see August and Chris run from the home and drive off." The jury watched the tape as I fast forwarded.

"Approximately 20 minutes later, 3 men in all black show up and kick the door down, then leave 30 minutes later."

The jury began to mumble as the judge sat with her chin resting in her hand.

"Mr. Atkins, would you like to add anything?"

He shook his head.

"Also, I'd like to add that I contacted India's phone company, the state checked her text messages and she knew people were after her, that's why she came to L.A. She was a dead woman walking."

"Very good Ms. Miller" the judge spoke.

"Nobody else has anything to say?"

Silence filled the room.

"Well, I'll take closing remarks from both sides and then we will dismiss the jury and wait for a verdict."

Mr. Atkins stood and fixed his tie, stepping to the center of the of the courtroom.

"Ladies and Gentleman of the jury, all I ask is that you open your hearts. Understand where Mrs. Westbrooks and the rest of her family is coming from, they lost a daughter to foolishness. These 2 led her to her death, and I hope you realize that, and convict them accordingly. Im a man of honesty and dignity, and I respectfully ask that you make the right choice.Thank you for your time."

He sat back down and I walked back to the center, swallowing hard.

"For 13 long days, I've fought to prove these two young men innocent. During the process, I was insulted, disrespected, constantly told I couldn't do this. But these two men are innocent, it was all a misunderstanding. Look at the evidence, the pictures, the messages, the footage. The answer is right in front of you, and I pray to God that you choose it. Thank you."

The jury clapped and the judge began to dismiss us.

"We will return in 5 business days for a verdict."

After court was dismissed everyone cleared out.

"I'll see you later okay LayLay?"

"Ok" she waved.

Mama Sheila was taking her for the rest of the day and me and Kelsey were meeting up with Ashley for lunch.

She reached out to us to catch up on things. I had no problem with meeting up with her, Kel didn't really have a problem either, so why not?

August and Chris made their way towards us in the empty courtroom. They both hugged me.

"Yo that was good as hell sis, when you become good at all this investigating shit?" Chris asked causing me and Kel to laugh.

"She's always been that way she just tried to hide it." Kelsey said.

"Whatever." I laughed.

We continued small talk until the cops came to take Chris and Aug back.