Chapter 44

Will you all do me a favor and check out my book "The sun will shine"? It's with Zendaya and Jacob and it's pretty different from any other books I've written. Feel free to leave comments! I'll follow a few of you back if you do so. Thank you for supporting me!

This book will probably pass 50 chapters. I have so much more to write and I don't think I wanna make a third book.

Omniscient POV

August took in Nia's appearance, nodding in approval. She had on a white tee shirt with grey leggings. Her face was bare and her long black hair laid at her shoulders. Nia was very beautiful, but how she use to act made her seem very ugly.

"Are you gonna let me in or are you gonna stare at me?" She laughed nervously as August stepped back, letting her in

August looked back for Lay and noticed she wasn't in the spot that he left her.

"Is she here?" Nia whispered.

"I'll go get her. You wanna sit?" Nia nodded and made her way to the couch, taking a deep breath.

"Lord, please be with me right now." She whispered to herself. She had prayed the whole way here for guidance on how to cope with this but she was still afraid to see her daughter.

August went into Lay's room, picking her up and carrying her.

"Someone is here to see you."

"Who?"

August walked into the living room and Lay's eyes lit up. "Mommy?" She leaned towards her, almost as if she was checking to see if her eyes were deceiving her.

"Mommy!" She exclaimed again before hopping out of August's arms and running as best as she could to her mother.

"Mommy's princess." Nia was laughing and crying at the same time. It had been about 7 months since she's seen her daughter and so much has changed. She ran her hands through Lay's hair and noticed it was becoming thinner. She forced a smile on her face and kissed her cheek.

"I've missed you so much baby. How are you?"

"Good!" She yelled before snuggling her face in the crook of Nia's next. She was excited to see her mommy and didn't feel like speaking, she ass craving her touch.

"Where's Olivia?"

Just as Nia asked, the front door opened and in walked Olivia with a box of pizza in her hand. She sat it down and pulled up her yoga pants a little before being attacked by Layla. "Livy!" She yelled, hugging her leg. Olivia placed a kiss on Lay's cheek before standing up and stopping in her tracks.

"Before you curse me out or anything-"

"I'm not going to curse you out. Why would I do that?" Olivia cut her off. Her voice was soft and calm, she had nothing against Nia.