Chapter 28

Thank you to my babies that blew up the comments to help reach the goal!

"You've seen all my mistakes, so look me in my eyes."
-Drake

*2 weeks later*

Omniscient

"I'm really glad you reconsidered." Nick said as they walked to the movies.

"Daddyyyy, I want popcorn." His daughter Naveah whined, tugging on his pants.

"We're gonna get some, don't worry."

Because of Olivia's decline the first time, Nick offered to bring his kids along to make her feel more comfortable.

He saw Olivia as a friend that we wanted to keep. He didn't see Olivia in any other way, and he wanted to assure her.

As they finally got seated, Olivia's phone began to ring, seeing that it was Kelsey, she ignored it. She would call her back later.

Moments later, her phone rang again. Assuming it was an emergency, she excused herself, walking into the main lobby of the movie theatre.

"Hello?" She asked quietly.

"Girl do you want to get slapped? Don't ignore my calls ever again." Kelsey huger into the phone.

"Sorry. Im at the movies right now."

"With who?"

"Nick...." Olivia has mentioned Nick to Kelsey a few times.

"Olivia Rose Miller, are you on a date?" Kelsey's tone made it evident that she was not happy.

"Actually he brought hi....wait." Olivia paused. "And if i am? You're not my mother Kelsey."

"Yeah, but August is your daddy. And he won't be happy to hear this." Olivia's eyes widened. She hasn't spoken to August since he left her place a few weeks ago.

"Kelsey you better not!" Olivia whined. "It's not even anything like that. Just pleaseee don't say anything?" Olivia lifted the phone, only to see that Kelsey had already hung up.

"Shit." Olivia hissed, stomping back into the theatre.

For the rest of the movie, Olivia was nervous and tense. She wasn't really on a date, right? Just two friends, going out along with his kids. It wasn't a big deal.

Soon, the movie was over and they were headed for the parking lot.

"Thank you for this. It was fun." Olivia gave Nick a warm smile.

"It was. My kids really like you." He grinned as Olivia bent down to say bye.

"Bye bye cuties!" She high fived the both of them.

"Byee" they both sang together.

"Be careful." Nick said they parted ways.

Walking up to her car, Olivia searched her purse for her keys. Unlocking the door, she got in, closing the door. She sighed and put her keys in the ignition; as the lights in the car came on, Olivia screamed.

Beside her in the passenger seat, sat August with his arms folded and his eyes low.

"August what the hell!" She yelled, grabbing her chest.

He continued to state at her, clenching his jaw.

"You can't just break into people's cars! Are you crazy?" She yelled again.