Chapter 31

Omniscient POV

"Are you sure?"

"Yes baybeh, you know she's always safe with me." Mama Sheila cooed, kissing Layla on the cheek.

"She ca' stay hea' fa' a few days?" August asked, bringing her bag into the house.

"Yea. Y'all have fun." She pushed the both of them out of the house, closing the door.

"Rude." August joked.

"Are you sure I'm dressed appropriately?" Olivia asked.

She had on a simple pair of black jeans with rips, a white tee, and red roshe runs.

"Yea' you casual." He smiled, grabbing her hand and helping her into the car.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see when we get thea'."

Olivia pouted, sitting back and looking out the window.

"You know I love you right?" He asked, reaching over and placing his hand on her thigh.

"Yes, August. I know." She smiled, placing her hands on top of his. Olivia noticed they were driving a little further out than usual.

"How much longer?"

"Maybe 10 minutes." He dug in his pocket, pulling out a blind fold.

"Put 'dis on."

"Why?" She frowned.

"It's apart of your surprise, silly." He chuckled as she brought the blindfold to her eyes. She tied it securely, making sure She couldn't see anything.

"We better not be doing any crazy shit." Olivia huffed, crossing her arms. He lowly laughed as the car slowed dow. Olivia heard his door open before he came over to her side, helping her out.

"Just step down, I gotchu." He grabbed her waist, helping her hop down. He grabbed her hand, biting his bottom lip. What he was doing wasn't the typical date, and he wasn't sure how Olivia was going to react to it.

August helped her inside and she rubbed her arms from the rush of cool air. They walked for a few more minutes as Olivia began to whine.

"Augustttt. My feet hurt." She mumbled.

"Calm down cry baybeh. We hea' now. You ready?"

She nodded as he untied the headband.

Olivia frowned. "August, why are we in a grocery store...." She looked around. Her eyes scanned the packs of paper towels in front of her as she looked back over at August who stood with his hands in his pockets.

Tears started to form in her eyes as she placed her hands over her mouth. "August..." She whispered.

"You know whea' we at Mill?" He smirked, licking his lips.

"I-I couldn't reach the paper towels...and you got them for me." She laughed, wiping her tears.

"Can you believe that was 2 years ago?" August asked, walking closer to her and pecking her lips.

"I can't. I honestly don't know where the time went." She sighed.

"What if we took a trip down memory lane ta'night?"

"Huh?"

"You'll see." He laughed, grabbing her hand and walking with back towards the exit.

"August why isn't anybody any here?"

"I made a few calls and asked them to a shut it down for about an hour for me." He shrugged.

"You shut down Kroger for me?" She pinched his cheeks.