Chapter 62

As soon as we got out to the corridor, Harry got out the invisibility cloak.

"Get under here," he said in a hushed tone.

"Will we fit?" I asked. Harry looked at the cloak uncertainly.

"We will be fine," Luna said wistfully. I looked at Harry and nodded. We all got under the cloak, and went off. The corridors were empty, and we went, crouching down so the cloak would fit, to the Ravenclaw common room.

Eventually we arrived to a spiral stair case. "This way," Luna murmured, tugging on our sleeves. We went up the winding staircase, and we ended up at a wooden door with a bronze knocker that was shaped as an eagle. Luna reached up and knocked it once. It boomed through the silence. The beak of the eagle opened, and sung out:

"What came first, the Phoenix or the flame?"

Luna grinned, and replied, "The answer is that the circle has no beginning." The eagle nodded, and the door opened. We went through the door, and entered the common room. It was deserted. There were elegant couches, and desk everywhere, with parchment stacking on top of them. Book cases lined the walls. Next to a grand window was a statue, and I guessed it was a statue of Rowena Ravenclaw. We threw off the invisibility cloak, and Harry went up to it, and started climbing on it.

"Harry, you have to ask a woman before you start climbing on her," I joked. He rolled his eyes, and continued climbing the statue, until he reached the diadem. He started to yank on it, and it wouldn't budge. He slid down quickly, when a woman came out. She looked like an angry bulldog, so I automatically assumed the was Carrow woman. She smiled nastily.

"He assumed that you would be going to the Ravenclaw tower. He is very intelligent, he is," she sneered. My eyebrows went up.

"I'm guessing he didn't mention why exactly we decided to come here," I laughed. She looked at me like I was mental.

"The Dark Lord tells his plan to no one, except his closest soldiers!" She yelled angrily.

"I'm guessing that you're not, of course," I smirked. I enjoyed getting under people's skin like this.

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" She pulled out her wand. "I know exactly to do with naughty children like you! Cruc-" She didn't get to finish her sentence, because Harry dropped down, and stunned her.

"You're welcome," he told me. "For saving you from pain and torture."

"I could've handled myself!" I exclaimed, even we both knew I wasn't sure.

All of the sudden there was a shout near the door.

"LET ME IN! LET ME IN I SAY!" A male voice yelled.

"The brother," I mouthed. Harry nodded. The door asked the same question it asked us.

"I DON'T KNOW THE BLOODY ANSWER! LET ME IN!" The Carrow brother, Amycus. yelled. "ALECTO! ALECTO LET ME IN!"

"Let him in," Harry whispered to Luna. She nodded with wide eyes, and went to open the door. "Wand." I pointed my wand to the door.

"Go ahead," I murmured. She opened the door carefully, and he ran in.

"Alecto?!" He exclaimed, staring at the motionless, though very alive, Alecto Carrow. He widened his eyes. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY SISTER?! CRUC- AHHHH!"

   He got cut off by me, because I tied him up with ropes with a simple spell. He started screaming words that I didn't understand. Harry stunned him, because he wouldn't of kept his bloody mouth shut if he didn't, Harry and I both knew this.

"Thanks," I muttered. He smiled.

"So what do you want do now?" Luna asked wistfully.

"Mcgonagal will know what to do," Harry replied. We all left the Ravenclaw common room silently, as the Carrows snored away on the floor.