Chapter 25

We apparated back. We were on the astronomy tower.

"We need to get you to the hospital wing, sir," Harry said as Dumbledore leaned on us. "To Madame Promfrey." We sat Dumbledore on a bench.

"Severouse, we need him. Wake him," Dumbledore told us. "tell him what happened. Speak to no one else. Severouse." We started walking to the stairs. We heard a door open. We looked at Dumbledore. "Hide yourselves below. You two are not to speak or be seen without my permission. Whatever happens, you stay below. Do as I say. Trust me." We hid ourselves below the big ball in the floor, so we could see. I saw Draco going up there. What was he doing?

"Good evening Draco." Dumbledore greeted him kindly. "What brings you here on this fine spring evening?"

"Who else is here?" Draco asked. "I heard you talking."

"I talk aloud to myself. I find it extraordinarily useful," Dumbledore told him. "Have you been whispering to yourself lately? Draco, you are no assassin."

"How do you know what I am?" Draco asked. He sounded very nervous. "I've done things that would shock you!" I grabbed Harry's hand.

"By cursing Katie Belle by giving her a cursed necklace?" Dumbledore asked. I squeezed Harry's hand. "By lacing a bottle of mead with poison?" I squeezed Harry's hand harder. "I'm sorry, Draco, but I cannot help feeling that these actions are so weak, they should've been hard to be in this community."

"He trust me!" Draco said. "I was chosen." He pulled up his shirt arm to reveal a dark mark tattoo. I squeezed Harry's hand with all of my strength.

"I shall make it easy for you," Dumbledore said, taking out his wand.

"Expelliarmus!" Draco said. Harry pointed his wand up to Draco. I tried to pull it down, but he shook me off. I put my head to his shoulder.

"You are not alone," commented Dumbledore. "there are others. How?"

"The vanishing cabinet, up in the room of requirement," Draco said. That explains why he was acting odd when I was curious about the vanishing cabinet the first night. "I've been mending it."

"Let me guess," Dumbledore told him. "It has a sister? Where?"

"Borgin and Burkes," Draco said. "They form a passage."

"Ingenious!" Dumbledore exclaimed. "Draco, years ago I knew a boy who made all of the wrong choices. Please let me help you."

"I don't want your help," Draco said. "Don't you understand? I have to do this. I have to kill you. Or he is going to kill me." I looked up. Draco's eyes were puffy and red. He has been crying. People were walking up the stairs. Bellatrix, Greyback, and a few other death eaters.

"Well! Look what we have here!" Bellatrix exclaimed. "Well done Draco," she whispered to Draco.

"Good evening Bellatrix," Dumbledore greeted her. "I think introductions are in order."

"I'm afraid not. We are on a tight schedule," Bellatrix said. "Do it!" she told Draco.

"He doesn't have the stomach, just like his father," a death eater said. I almost went up there, but Harry grabbed ahold of me. We looked over and saw Snape pointing a wand at us. He put his finger to his lips.

"Go on, Draco, do it! Now!" Bellatrix yelled at Draco. Harry grabbed me again as I tried to go up there.

"No, I will do it," Snape said going up there.

"Severouse," Dumbledore said. "Please."

"Avada Kedavra," Snape said as he pointed his wand at Dumbledore. Dumbledore fell off the edge, dead.