Chapter 23

"Sir?" Harry asked. Dumbledore held up his hand for silence. He went to sit down.

"This is beyond anything I imagined," Dumbledore said.

"You mean he succeeded, sir? On making a horcrux?" I asked.

"Oh yes," Dumbledore said. "He succeeded all right. Not just once,"

"What are they exactly?" Harry asked.

"Could be anything. The most common things of objects. A ring for example," he said pushing toward a ring. It was the ring Tom Riddle was wearing in the memory, I noticed. "Or a book," he said holding up a book with a hole in it.

"Tom Riddle's diary," Harry said.

"It's a horcrux," Dumbledore told us. "four years ago, when you, Harry, saved Ginny Weasley's life in the chamber of secrets you brought me this book. I knew then, this was a different type of magic. Very dark, very powerful. But until tonight I had no idea how powerful,"

"How about the ring?" I asked.

"It belonged to Tom Riddle's mother. Difficult to find. Even more difficult to destroy," Dumbledore said, holding up his blackish blueish hand.

"But if you could find them all, if you could destroy each horcrux," I started.

"It destroys a part of Voldemort," Dumbledore said.

"How would you find them?" Harry asked. "They could be hidden anywhere could they?"

"True, but magic, especially dark magic leaves traces," Dumbledore said.

"That's where you have been going isn't it, sir?" Harry asked. "when you leave the school?"

"Yes, and I think, perhaps I may of found another," Dumbledore told us. "But this time I hope to destroy it. Once again I must ask to much of you, Harry and Hallie,"

We were sent to eat, then go to the astronomy tower.

"We should be here by midnight," I told Ron and Hermione.

"See you two later," Hermione said as she hugged me and Harry.

"See you," Ron said as he hugged us.

"Don't eat to much without me, Ron," I joked as he hugged me.

"I make no promises," Ron joked backed.

We walked up the stairs and Snape was walking past us.

"Oh Harry, Hallie," Dumbledore said as he saw us. "you need to shave Harry." I almost burst out in laughter as Harry felt his face.

"You two know at times I still see grown you both, but sometimes I see two small children. Even thought I never saw you when you grew up, Hallie, but I can picture your mother with black hair," Dumbledore said. " Forgive my morph twins, I am an old man."

"You look the same to me, sir." Harry said. I nodded.

"Just like your mother, you are both very kind," Dumbledore said. "The place at which we journey tonight is extremely dangerous. I promised you two will accompany me, and I stand by that promise. But there is one condition: you must obey every command I give you, no question."

"Yes, sir," we both said.

"You do understand what I am saying?" Dumbledore said. We nodded. "Should I tell you to hide, you hide. Should I tell you to run, you run. Should I tell you to abandon me and save yourselves, you do just that. Your word, Harry and Hallie."

We looked at each other and said, "our word."

"Take my arm," Dumbledore said.

"Sir? I thought you couldn't appperate at Hogwarts," I said.

"Being me has it's advantages," Dumbledore said. We both took his arm and we appperated.