Chapter 45

We left that night. The plan was afternoon, but we decided it would be better at night. We apparated in a dark road. Snow was on the ground.

"Are you two sure we shouldn't of used the poly-juice potion?" Hermione asked us.

"We want to be here as ourselves," Harry answered.

"It would feel wrong," I agreed.

"Fine," she said, rolling her eyes. I looked around and saw a bunch of lights on. People were singing.

"Harry, Hermione, I thinks it's Christmas Eve!" I said. I didn't keep up with the date now. I looked at the War Memorial, wondering where my parents house was.

"Harry, Hallie! Look! A graveyard," Hermione pointed. "Do you think your parents would be in there?"

I looked at the direction she was pointing at. The graveyard. I didn't know if I wanted to go in there. I looked back at the war memorial. I gasped, and patted Harry's and Hermione's back. The both turned around and saw what I saw. What used to be the war memorial transformed into a statue of four people: A man with untidy hair and glasses, a beautiful woman with long hair, and a baby boy and girl sitting in their mother's and fathers arms. I went up closer, trying to see our parents faces better. I looked at the babies, without the scar. I looked at how happy they looked.

"Come on," I said, my voice hoarse. We went to the graveyard. I looked back over my shoulder to see the war memorial was back. We went through the gate, looking at each grave. I kept my hand tightly on my wand, in case of any surprises.

"Harry, Hallie, over here!!" Hermione yelled/whispered. We didn't go over there because we were frozen in ourt spots. We stared down at the graves, tears in our eyes. I leaned onto Harry's shoulder. I heard Hermione walking towards us. I read it.

LILY POTTER JAMES POTTER

BORN

27 MARCH 1960 30 JANUARY 196

DIED

31 OCTOBER 1981 31 OCTOBER 1981

The last enemy that shall be conquered is death

I read this over and over again. I cried silently. He patted my head, tears coming down his face. Hermione stood beside us. She took out her wand, and made a wreath on the grave.

"It means living after death, you know," I said softly. Harry didn't reply. He took my hand. I reached out for Hermione's hand. We left the graveyard, tears streaming down all of our faces.

(A/N Sorry this is way late. I changed the cover of the story, as well as my username. So yeah!)