Chapter 49

I woke up to the smell of something delicious. I opened my eyes and turned my head. The curtains that separated the girls room to the kitchen was open. Harry was sitting in a chair beside me, but he was turned around facing, Hermione. Hermione was sitting at the table. Hermione had that stubborn look on her face. A pain shot through my leg. I let out a groan. I closed my eyes. I heard footsteps coming toward me. I opened my eyes to see Harry looking at me with a concerned look on his face. Hermione was right behind him.
"Why is this always happening to me?" I groaned.
"Honestly, Hallie," Harry said, looking relieved. "I think you just have bad luck."
"How long have been out?" I croaked.
"A few days," Hermione piped up. "I believe the poison should be out if your system, but the potion was homemade, so I am not sure. Your leg will be hurting for about a week or two, but without the proper treatment it could be months. You should stay off if it, though."
"Thank you," I said. "What is that smell?"
"Pizza," Harry said.
"Can I have some?" I asked.
"I don't...." Harry's look silenced Hermione. He got up and went and got me a slice.
"How did you get pizza?" I asked.
"I used the polyjuice potion and went into a town a few miles north from here this morning," Hermione said. She lowered her voice. "He hasn't left your side ever since we got here. He only ate a little and barely slept."
"That idiot," I muttered. He walked over with a slice of pizza in his hand. He handed it to me, and I ate it all in a few bites.
"Want some more?" he asked.
"No, she cannot have any more, she hasn't eaten in a few days, and she may not be able to hold down the food." Hermione said before I could say anything.
"Do you want anything else," he asked.
"I want you to get some rest mister," I said. "a little birdie told me about how you haven't slept."
Harry shot an accusing glare at Hermione. He muttered something and stalked off.
"So when will I be able to walk on this bad boy," I asked Hermione. She rolled her eyes.
"In about 4-5 days," she told me. "You could walk maybe tomorrow, but the pain would be excruciating."
"4-5 days?" I asked. "Can we travel? We don't have time!"

"We will decide that when Harry gets up," Hermione said firmly. "Now go back to sleep." I rolled my eyes, and fell back asleep."