Chapter 10

That night Ron, Hermione, Harry, and I was sitting in the common room. Ron and Hermione at on the couch while Harry and I sat on the floor.

"I thought I was going to miss that last one," Ron was saying while Harry was reading his potions book, I was writing a essay for charms, and Hermione had her nose in a book. "I hope Cormack isn't taking it to hard. He has a thing for you Hermione and Hallie, Cormack." Harry got his nose out his own book and glared at Ron.

"He is vile, why would I go out with him," I assured Harry. Hermione nodded, agreeing.

"Have you ever heard of this spell, sectum spectra?" Harry asked Hermione as he leaned over to show her.

"No, and if you had a shred of self of self respect you would turn that book in to professor Mcgonagal," Hermione snapped.

"Why would he do that?" Ron asked. "Harry and Hallie are at the top of the class. They are even better than you Hermione." Hermione glared at Ron.

"Hey! I had a great potions teacher that taught me all of this stuff! It isn't because of the book," I defended my self. Harry stared at me. He knew I didn't like to talk about my past. I wouldn't tell him who my teacher was because who knows where that goes. The only thing I really told him was that it was in a basement, and I never got out of it.

"I would like to know who that book belonged to," Hermione told Harry, standing up. "Let's have a look, shall we."

"No," said Harry.

"Why not?" Hermione asked.

"The binding, it's fragile," Harry replied backing away.

"The binding is fragile?!" Hermione said cornering him. Ginny sneaked behind him and grabbed the book. Harry turned around trying to grab the book.

"Who's the halfblood prince?" Ginny asked.

"Who?" Hermione said.

"The halfblood prince. That is what it said right here, this book is property of the halfblood prince," Ginny said as she threw the book to Harry.

"Harry, who is that?" Hermione rounded on him.

"I have no idea," Harry replied, backing up. I don't blame him. Hermione could be very scary.

"Fine, I will find out who this 'Prince' person is, Harry Potter," Hermione told him, sitting down back into her chair.

The next day was a Saturday, and we went to hogsmade.

"You carry around that book everywhere, and you are practically sleeping with it, and you aren't curious who it belonged to," Hermione was telling Harry on our hogsmade.

"I didn't say I wasn't curious, and I don't sleep with it!" Harry retorted.

"Don't lie Harry," I teased. "We all know the truth, so you can come open and tell us."

"Shut up!" he said as he put me in a headlock and rubbed his knuckles on my head.

"Stop!" I squealed.

"Well I was curious so I went to the-" Hermione started.

"The library," Harry, Ron, and I said.

"And?" I asked.

"And nothing. There are no references to the halfblood prince," she said.

"Anyone fancy a butterbeer?" Harry asked, watching Slughorn in front of us. We all nodded. So we went to the 3 broomsticks. We sat at a table where we had a clear view of Slughorn. A waiter walked toward us and asked us what we wanted.