Chapter 42

That morning I woke up early, so I could make Hermione something to eat. We didn't really have any food, but bacon, so I couldn't use much. I went outside to get some berry's to eat. I saw Hermione sitting out there, next to a tree. I walked over to her.

"Hey," I said. She looked up with tears in her eyes.

"Hey."

"So, you want some mixed berries and bacon? I mean, walking around a lot, we need to gain weight."

"Definitely," she said, laughing.

"Let's go. You need to come with me because you need to tell me if the berries are poisonous or not, cause I want to die a noble death, and not because I was stupid picking the wrong berries."

"I don't feel like dying because of your stupidity either," she said. She got up and walked towards me. When she got to my side we set off in the woods. We went around trying to find berries. We tried to stay close to the tent.

"Hermione, I found a blackberry bush!" I yelled. Hermione came towards me. She reached into the beaded bag and got a container out. We picked the berries and went towards the tent. We walked in the tent and I saw Harry laying down on the couch. He sat up.

"Where have you been?!" he demanded.

"Picking berries for breakfast," I told him.

"You know, you could've left a note or something," he told me. I started cooking some bacon.

"We weren't planning to be gone so long," Hermione promised. She got out some plates and blackberries. She started washing the blackberries.

"Couldn't of Hermione stayed, then?" Harry asked.

"If she would've we would of probably died of my stupidity," I told him.

"What?" he asked.

"Long story," Hermione told him. "So here's the plan. We eat, then apparate."

"That's complicated, Hermione," I told her.

"Shut up, and cook," Harry joked. I rolled my eyes, and kept on cooking.

***************

We left as soon as we ate. Hermione wrapped her scarf around a tree.

"I wish he comes back, Harry," I whispered to Harry.

"Me too," He whispered back. I turners around to face him.

"He is your best mate, Harry, you can cry, unless you cry in your pillow, it's totally fine," I told him.

"The pillow understands, though," Harry joked.

"I know," I elbowed him playfully. Hermione walked towards us.

"Let's go," she said. we all grabbed hands and apparated.

***********

We were in some woods. Immediately Harry and I got the tent out and Hermione started putting the protection spells around us.

"We should relax tonight," I told Harry. "Get some music going, and I will cook, it'll be fun, get Hermione happy at least. Get her mind off Ron."

"Yeah," He agreed.

"We still have some black berries," I told him. "I could cook some left-over bacon."

"I will go and tell Hermione," Harry walked off. I walked into the tent, and prepared some food. I dug in the beaded bag and found some lettuce. I started making some black-berry salad. Hermione walked in.

"Harry told me about your idea, it sounds fun," she said sadly. She sat down in the chair. Harry started the music. I put the bacon in the pan. Harry started dancing goofily. Hermione was staring at the ground. I walked over to you and stood in front of her. I put a pouty face on. She looked up.

"What?" she asked. I held out my hand.

"Let me wear the locket," I tell her.

"I haven't worn it yet, and it's affecting you a lot." She looked up at me. She hand me the locket.

"Better?" I asked.

"Better," she told me. I put on the locket. All of the sudden I felt like I was on fire.

"TIE ME TO A TREE!" I yelled. "TAKE MY WAND AWAY!"

Harry looked at me like I was crazy.

"DO IT KNOW!" I yelled. I got out my wand and threw it at Harry. I tried to take off the locket, but it wouldn't come off. Harry grabbed me and Hermione got some rope. They took me to a tree and tied me to it. The burning got worse, until everything went black.