Sunset beach

Stef’s POV

After we separated from the hug, we all sort of started walking down toward the creek. At first we were all walking singularly, then Louis held his hand out to me. With my fingers entwined in his, we walked along the beach, the sun was setting right in front of us. The moment was unexplainable. I had the urge to kiss him, but before I could do anything, he pulled me into his embrace and softly kissed me.

“You make this moment perfect.” He whispered, resting his forehead against mine.

“It takes two to speak the truth; one to speak, the other to listen.” I said wisely.

“Well aren’t you wise.” He replied softly, kissing me again. He pulled back and looked at me, and for the first time, it was like I was seeing something new. I saw us.

Sarah’s POV

I saw the others all having their lovey-dovey moments, and it was so sweet. Liam and Maryanne were still back near the steps, but I wasn’t worried. Zayn had stopped Cassie short and I heard them laughing. Stef and Louis were walking along quite immersed in their own conversation, then out to my left, Sarah, Izzy, Niall and Harry were talking together.

“Hey, Sarah?” Josh asked me quietly. I hadn’t noticed that he had been following me.

“Yeah?” I asked, turning around.

“Thanks for not freaking out or anything.” He started explaining.

“About what?” I looked confused.

“About the sleeping arrangements.” He replied, sheepishly.

I laughed. “Don’t worry about it, but I do snore.” I warned. This caused his face to crease, then I laughed. “You’ll get used to it.” He rolled his eyes.

“I hope I do.” He rested his arm around my shoulders as we continued to walk down towards the creek.

As cute as it was that we could be a ‘couple’, I felt like we were just friends, that knew each other so well. That no matter how close we got, we would always be in each other’s friend-zone, even though we both admitted to having feelings for each other.

Cassie’s POV

“Cass, you know how I promised I would tell you what I didn’t tell you?” Zayn asked me, very seriously.

“Yeah.” I answered, hesitant.

“Well, when you found me in the library, when you weren’t listening, I thought of something. And it was what made me laugh. I didn’t say it, but you didn’t mind. That was when I thought you were still just like every other girl. But last night, when you told me he lied, your eyes weren’t lying. I have seen so many girls and their lying eyes, but yours, I saw more than a pretty face.”

I didn’t say anything. I just breathed. That was the sweetest thing anyone had ever said to me.

“Cassie?” He asked, resting his hand on my shoulder. I looked up, into his eyes, and saw, that what he said, was all true.

“Yes?”

He placed his hands on either one of my hips and pulled me close. His minty breath was cool on my cheeks. “Do you have a map, because I’m lost in those beautiful, shining eyes of yours?” He asked softly, as he kissed me.

Stef’s POV

We walked down along the edge of the water. As the waves came up, he tried to push me in(as a joke), I laughed and laughed, and then as he was going to push me in, I stepped back, sending him straight into the water.

“Don’t laugh!” He called, standing up, drenched. That only made me laugh more.

“But you’re so funny.” I burst out.

He ran up to me and gave me a hug. “Yeah I am aren’t I?”

“Louis!” I squealed, trying to get out of his bear hug. As soon as I was let go, I began to run up the beach, nearly bumping into Harry. I saw him chase after me and then I changed direction and started running along the beach. He caught up with me, and tackled me down to the sand. He leant over me, now only millimeters from me, I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Get a room!” Harry yelled. We both looked back at them all. I’m guessing from there, we looked ridiculous.

Sarah’s POV

I had the camera in my hands and was taking photos of all of us. I even had one of Stef and Louis looking back at us from where they were in the sand. “What are you doing?” Josh asked me, looking at the camera screen.

“Capturing the moment.” I answered, turning around and taking a photo of Zayn and Cass kissing.

“Well isn’t that lovely.” He took the camera out of my hands, held it up so the lens was facing us and took a photo. Luckily, I was smiling. “There. You captured the perfect moment.” He handed it back to me and I looked at it. I smiled.

“You mean you captured the perfect moment.” I smirked at him.

“But you’re the one who’s holding the camera.” He replied, sliding his hand from my shoulders to my waist.

“What are you doing?” I murmured.

“Continuing the perfect moment.” He said, bringing me nearer.

Cassie’s POV

He pulled away from me as, out of the corner of my eye, I saw something flash. Sarah took a picture. Neither of us said anything, but we were slightly embarrassed. He went to step away from me, but that was when I did something. I grabbed his hand and interlaced our fingers. “It’s not the paparazzi, it’s ok.” I said softly, not even knowing if it was the right thing to say. His grip tightened on my hand, then relaxed. He nodded and we continued walking.

“Sorry.” He murmured.

“It’s ok...” I forgave.

“No, it’s not. I’m shy and it could have impact on you. You are as large as life, always having something to say, and having reason to.” He explained.

“Stop,” I said louder than I should have, he looked at me surprised, this caused me to hesitate. “...making things more complicated than necessary.”

“Yup.” He looked down at his feet, and then over his shoulder. “I just don’t want to ruin anything.”

“How could you do that? Give me an example of the time you’ve ruined something.”

“Well...umm...”

“Exactly.” I concluded. He squeezed my hand and I looked down. It made me smile that I was holding hands with him, I looked up and he was smiling at me. And those eyes...