Things that go bump in the night

Cassie’s POV

Yeah. I might be able to sing...I am a fabulous singer. They both say I sound like Rihanna, and Stef sounds like Taylor Swift. She has the best voice. Sarah’s really her own person. She will sing about nearly anything that takes her fancy.

Anyway, we left the concert venue at that point. When we got back outside, there were still screaming teen girls. But more of them were shouting out Niall’s name this time. I rolled my eyes as we scooted into the limo and drove off.

When we got back, it was about eleven. We were all tired. Sarah opted to stay up and have a hot chocolate and we all declined.

I changed into my Elmo pajamas and cuddled up under the doona. I remember drifting off to sleep to someone softly singing.

***

I rolled over and saw Zayn there, lying on his back, staring up at the ceiling. It must have been around four am. “Zayn.” I whispered. He looked over at me and softly smiled.

“What’s up?” He asked softly.

I shook my head in response and moved closer to him. He wrapped one arm around my waist and kissed my forehead. I don’t know how long we stayed like that, but I fell asleep again.

Stef’s POV

“I’m gonna stay up for a little while and have a hot chocolate. Anybody else want one?” Sarah offered as we walked into the hotel room. I shook my head and slowly wandered down the hallway. I changed into my pjs and brushed my hair. I tied my hair up so it wouldn’t get frizzy(it’d get frizzy anyway), and collapsed onto the bed.

“So tired.” I grumbled.

“Go to sleep.” Someone mumbled next to me. I didn’t even need to look.

“Speak for yourself.” I said back, facing the wall.

My eyelids grew really heavy, really fast.

***

Too early to be getting up. Too late to be getting up. I debated whether it was worth getting out of bed and doing whatever I felt like for a little while or not. I did. I went to the kitchen and searched through all the cupboards. They were pretty much all empty and my tummy grumbled. We had rice last night. I remember because I had to watch it cook.

Last night. Concert. We got home late. Sarah was singing. Harry was stupid enough to break Josh’s drumstick. How do you even do that? Whatever.

I sat down on the couch and pulled the blanket over me. Something made a loud noise and I sat up so fast I got whiplash.

Please not a murderer. Or a robber. Or anything like that. Wait. We’re on the top floor of a hotel. I’m sure they wouldn’t come all the way up here to steal something. Or kill anybody.

“What on earth?” Sarah squealed from her room. “You idiot!” There was a slamming door afterwards and lots of yelling. Then silence.

Sarah came stomping out, being all girly and just flicked her hair around. Then she jumped up and down on the spot, groaning. Then she stopped when she saw me sitting on the couch. “Oh, sorry. I uh...fell out of bed.”

“So you had a complete meltdown?” I asked sarcastically.

She shook her head. “I fell out of bed because I didn’t see that Josh was there too, so when I saw him, then I had a complete meltdown.” Sarah explained. “Why are you not asleep?” She tipped her head to the side and squinted in the darkness.

“I couldn’t sleep. I woke up. And came out here  then you fell out of bed, and here I am explaining why I’m not asleep.” I grinned.

She nodded. “Yeah, ok. Well, goodnight.” And she went back down the hallway to her room.

I sighed and got up also. Once I was back in my room, I snuggled up next to Louis and fell asleep to the sound of his breathing.

Sarah’s POV

“I’m gonna stay up for a little while and have a hot chocolate. Anybody else want one?”  I asked, wandering into the kitchen. They all shook my head at my offer so I made one for myself and sat up against the floor to ceiling glass in the dinning room, looking out at Manchester.

Afterwards, I went into my room and got ready for bed. It was already midnight and we had to get up in less than twelve hours to go to London. I must have been thinking really hard about it, because I didn’t notice that I was alone in my room.

Something warm brushed against my arm. I rolled over and fell out of bed. “Ah! What on earth?” I squealed, crab crawling away from my bed. When I saw Josh looking at me sleepily from the far side of the bed, it made me a little angry. “You idiot!” I got up and stormed into my ensuite. I slammed the door and then he began to yell at me. I was just angry, not upset. Then he stopped yelling.

I opened the door and peeked out. He was sitting on the edge of the bed, looking a little distressed. I walked past him and gave him a sympathetic look. But I walked away. Why was I so good at leaving my problems for someone else?

I went down to the dinning, living area. I flicked my hair about, because I hated being the one with ‘problems’ and because I felt like being girly. Then it was just frustrating so I jumped about, just letting all this stuff out. Then I heard something.

I stopped and looked up and saw Stef sitting on the couch, watching me, quite in awe that I was standing there, doing that. So I explained it all to her than went back to my room.

Josh was sitting on the couch, head resting in his hands, hands resting on his knees. He looked up as I walked in. “I’m sorry, I thought you knew I was there, I just...” He trailed off and looked away from me.

“How much do you love me?” I asked. ‘Shit. Did I just say that out loud?’

He looked back at me, but with a new look. “I-I...more than I could ever begin to tell you.”

My goodness this was gonna get corny...

“How long?” The way I asked this it was like I was asking a pregnant girl how long she’d known about her child.

“Twenty questions.” He flashed me a smile as I remembered the day, nearly a month now. I nodded and sat down on the couch with next to him. I looked straight forward and then nestled my head into his collar bone crevice. He pulled me close and I fell asleep leaning against him as he rubbed my back.