Revenge

***Thaliana's P.O.V.***

Rebekah, Elijah, Klaus and I all sit at a table together. Rebekah is trying to convince Elijah why she deserves the cure more than Nic does. I personally have to side with Nic, Silas has threatened to torture Nic for the rest of his everlasting life if he didn't deliver the cure to him. And, don't get me wrong, I want my sister to be happy; but there is no way Nic and I are going to go through this for eternity just so she can die in fifty years.

"Elijah, being human means a fresh start. I can grow old and have a family and fill my days with meaning because I know each one matters," Damn, I thought as I listened to Rebekah's plea. She was good, there was no way Nic was going to get the cure from Elijah.

"Well, that was poetic," Nic said sarcastically, I sent a glare his way. He wasn't helping our case. Elijah turned to him annoyed.

"If you can provide us with a more compelling reason for wanting the cure, Nicklaus, please." I dropped my head to the table, he used his full name. This meant business, and that Elijah was seriously pissed.

"Silas can appear as anyone. He got inside my thoughts, convinced me I was dying. He will torment me until I give him the cure," Nic gazed at his brother, his eyes were convincing and I would have handed it to him then and there. But Elijah wasn't me.

"And in doing so he will break down the wall to the other side," Rebekah didn't face Nic when she refuting but instead presented her feeling directly to Elijah.

"So it doesn't trap him there when he dies. He wants to be reunited to his long lost soulmate." Nic stared down Rebekah, but when he saw she was ignoring him he turned to Elijah, "You of all lovesick fools should applaud his devotion," A flash of anger shone through Elijah's eyes and I punched Nic's shoulder.

"It will open the flood gate for all supernatural creatures that has ever died," I could hear Rebekah growing more desperate and I spoke up.

"Yes, including our dear brothers, Kol and Finn. We'll have our family back; and if you didn't know, I didn't get to say goodbye to either of them." The table was silent when I finished speaking, none of them had anything to say against me. Without my noticing my eyes had gotten misty and I ducked my head as I felt a tear threaten to spill. Nic put his hand on my shoulder and rubbed it.

"Elijah, please," Nic pleaded. I knew it wouldn't work, and my idea was only confirmed when Elijah spoke next.

"Your personal discomfort might not be a sufficient reason for putting the entire world in jepordy, Klaus. I think our sister deserves a shot at happiness." I took a deep breath and stood up.

"Tell me you're kidding. Tell me you're not subjecting me to an eternity of torture," Elijah avoided Nic's eyes. My twin walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me so both he and I could face Elijah. "Tell me you're not making your sister suffer like that," I could feel Nic's anger emanating off of his body as he stood above me. Elijah refused to meet my eyes and instead stared directly into Nic's.

"I've made my decision," He said quietly. I let out a large but weak exhale of breath. I could feel Nic about to explode and I took his hand as he walked over to Rebekah.

"When you're sick and dying, and you beg for my blood. I will laugh in your face and compel you to forget me." His growling voice clearly made her uncomfortable, but I wasn't worried about that. I no longer had any feeling towards her or Elijah. As far as I was concerned they were both dead to me. Nic turned on his heel and pulled me by the hand out of the room. Once we were in out of the building we went our separate ways, Nic driving off to blow off steam, and me wandering the streets. After a little bit my phone rang, I pulled it out of my pocket to see that it was Stefan. I wiped my eyes before answering.