Chapter 78: Evil

**2 Months Later**

Madara's P.O.V

Yoshima is going to give birth any day now...

I can't help but be upset.

I don't think I can stay in the hidden Leaf much longer.

I see my own path, and I'm prepared to walk it.

"What's wrong?" Yoshima said poking my cheek.
"Nothing..." I said.
"Liar... Why are you deep in thought?" She asked.

"Well... Hashirama is Hokage..." I said sadly.
"Cheer Up! Who cares about Hokage! You are Madara Uchiha! No one can beat that!" She said holding my face and I smirked.
"I see."

I pulled her into a long embrace.

"Uh... Madara?"
"I love you... You know that?"
"Of course."
"I'm sorry for everything."
"What's up with you?" She said giggling.
"Nothing."

***

Hashirama's P.O.V

Madara had brought me to the Naka Shrine.

"This stone monument has been passed down for generations.  It was never shown to other clans. It's special, to decipher it you need to use an eye technique."

"As far as I was able to decipher until now, what it says is... 'Looking for stability, one God was divided into yin and yang.  The action of the two opposing forces created all things in nature.'"

Madara looked at me, "This applies to anything.  In other words...  It says that if two opposing forces cooperate...  Real happiness can be obtained."

"But don't you have real happiness as you are now?" I asked.

"Let me finish.  There is another interpretation."

I gave Madara a confused look.

"Hashirama, do you think I know nothing?" Madara said giving me a frown and I immediately knew what he was talking about.

"Leave Tobirama to me.  I can't do this without you.  As the Hokage's right arm, as my brother, please work with me!  The people will eventually understand too, and at that time you'll become second Hokage-"
"Your brother Tobirama is probably going to get that, and if that happens, the Uchiha are going to be exterminated..  Knowing that, I told the other Uchiha to leave the village..  But not even one of them listened to me."  Madara said.
"D-Did you ask Yoshima?" I asked.
"No." He sighed.

"Yoshima is like you...  You won't listen to my foolish ideals."

"I couldn't even protect my brother, and I'm probably not even able to protect my clan, even though I promised my brother. My fellows don't trust me, even though I want to protect them." Madara said looking down.
"That's not true!  Everyone will realize that-"
"Maybe that time...  I should have ordered you to kill your brother..."

Madara started to glare at me.

"You say I am you brother, but for the village would you kill me or him?"

I stayed silent.

"I do understand your point...  But I can't do this anymore...  After Yoshima gives birth to our daughter, I'm leaving the village.  I found another way."  He said and my eyes widened.
"No!  You can't do that to her!  You know what happened last time when you left?!  You have a son, a daughter!"
"I'm pretty aware.  That's why I'm trusting my family...  I can't protect them."

"After we showed each other our guts, I realized cooperation is nothing but a silent fight."
"That's not true!  I won't let you!"

Madara turned away from me.

"It depends on you look at reality, Hashirama.  Let's stop being servile, at least...  It'd be better for us to look at this world as just entertainment."
"Are you listening to me?!  Madara!"
"You are the only one who can compete with me."

Madara turned to glare at me with his eyes blazing red.

"While I walk towards my real dream...  I'll enjoy fighting you." He growled.

At that moment, I realized Madara wasn't the man I once knew.