Chapter 28: Death

Yoshima's P.O.V

"You were too careless!" Tobirama said hitting my head as I sat on my futon.
"Ow!!" I said rubbing my head.
"Tobirama!" Hashirama yelled.
"Sorry brother, but look!" Tobirama said point to the bandages on my side.
"I'm fine." I said.
"No you aren't! You almost got killed by that Shizuko brat!" Tobirama said.
"No I didn't! I just... I almost passed out..." I said turning away.
"No you didn't!"
"You two! Stop!" Hashirama said.

"Yoshima, let me look at your wound..." He said and I nodded.

Hashirama kneeled to look at the wound. As Hashirama touched it I winced a bit.

"Well you've healed it. It doesn't look bad." He said.

"Yoshima, you are not going out to battle! That's final!" Tobirama said crossing his arms.
"What?! No! I am going!" I said and he gritted his teeth.
"Brother, please tell her she can't go." Tobirama said.

Hashirama put on a thinking face.

"Don't tell me you are siding with Tobirama!" I said with the look of disbelief on my face and he sighed.
"You are injured. I don't want you to get hurt again." He said.
"But-"
"But nothing Yoshima!" Tobirama said and I frowned.

"Yoshima, give me a good enough reason for why I should put you on the battlefield." Hashirama said.
"W-What?!" Tobirama said shocked.
"Tobirama! I want to listen for what Yoshima has to say!"

I looked up at Tobirama who crossed his arms and frowned.

"I have a rivalry with Shizuko. She's my enemy, no one else."
"Well she's an Uchiha, so she's technically our enemy." Tobirama said with a thinking face. I just glared at him.

"Hashirama, you have to let me back on the battlefield! She gave me this cut-"
"That's no cut!" Tobirama said with a chuckle.
"Anyways, I need to redeem myself. I'm almost at maximum power. I can feel it!" I said with a determined look.

Hashirama started to smile, "Very well. You can go fight Shizuko."

"What?!" Tobirama said shocked.
"She proved herself worthy. I know this time she'll take down Shizuko." Hashirama said to Tobirama who pouted and frowned.

"You two care too much. Don't worry about me." I said smiling.
"We have to worry about you. You are our little sister." Tobirama said.

"I'll take Shizuko down Tobirama!"
"You are just like mother..."
"I am, huh..."

Madara's P.O.V

Shizuko and I sat beside Izuna who wasn't in good condition.

"I'm fine.." He said.
"No you aren't!" Shizuko said holding his hand.
"I am. Do you want me to die?" He asked weakly smiling.
"No!"

"Izuna... Stop lying to us." I said staring at my hands.
"Brother..."
"You look paler than usual. Admit it! You are dying!"

Izuna frowned, "I don't want you guys to sulk."
"Izuna so- you are?!" Shizuko asked as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"I lost to much blood. I guarantee it. I'm losing feeling in my body. It's only the my Sharingan that's extending my time." He said smirking.

"Shizuko, I want you to know that I love you. Continue taking down the Senju. Take care of Madara. Keep reminding him of how he's needed for the Uchiha survival." He said to her.
"I love you to Izuna! I will take down the Senju! I promise to take care of Madara!" She said crying hugging him arm.
"Please... Please stop crying... You are making me feel bad.." Izuna said frowning a bit.
"I-I can't help it!"

"Shizuko, I'd like to talk to Madara alone."
"But-"
"I promise I won't die while you are gone." He said smirking, she nodded, and left.

"What is it you want to talk to me about?"
"You are gonna talk to me like that in my last hours? You are quiet a jerk brother." He said smirking.

I felt tears fall off my face.

"Brother?" Izuna said shocked, but smiled.

"I don't know if this is bad to say, but I'm flattered you are crying." Izuna said softly.

I couldn't protect Izuna.

"Brother, you are the clan leader. Please take care of the clan. Don't be tricked by the Senju. You are much stronger than them." He said closing his eyes.

"Izuna! T-That's all?! Don't die! Please don't die!" I said panicking.
"Just kidding. He he he.." He opened his eyes and said weakly.

Is he trying to scare me?!

"You'll need help to carry on the clan. You are fighting blindness from the Mangekyou, right brother?" He said looking at me.

I nodded.

"Take my eyes."
"W-What?"
"Take them. They'll heal you of your blindness." He said.
"No. I can't Izuna." I said as more tears fell from my eyes.
"Stop being stubborn and take them." He said.

"Once you have them, I'm one with you. It's my last wish brother... I want you to take my eyes. Use them to take care of the clan." Izuna said weakly.

I nodded feeling more tears roll down my cheeks.

"Is that all?" I asked him.

"Please tell Shizuko... I couldn't keep my promise." Izuna said closing his eyes.

"Izuna.." I said.

No response.

His breathing stopped.

Izuna... Izuna died.