Chapter 1: Saying Goodbye

Goodbye, abstract noun.
This is not goodbye, but simply, till we meet again.

Chapter one: Saying Goodbye

"Started on a weekend in May!
I was lookin for attention, needed intervention,
Felt somebody lookin at me!
With a powder white complexion, feeling th-"

"JORDYN!" At the sound of my name, I stopped singing.

"WHAT?" I yelled back.

There was a few moments silence, and then my brother appeared in the doorway of my bedroom, where I was busy packing my bags.

"I know you're excited, but is 5sos at 5 million decibels really necessary? I'm trying to record." I laughed.

"Sorry Lachy. But it's..."

"I know, English Love Affair, and you're moving to England, and it all makes sense and you're super excited. I get it. But not right now, okay?"

I laughed, and pulled the zipper shut on my bag.

"Fine, I'll stop singing. Can I come say hi to the guys? I'm done packing."

Lachlan shrugged.

"Okay, if you want," he said.

He turned, and left the room, and I followed him to his office where he was recording minecraft for his YouTube channel. The guys he recorded with, who called themselves 'The Pack' were all in a Skype call with him. I knew Lachlan's friends pretty well, since I'd recorded videos with them for my own channel, and we'd met in person at gaming conventions. However, I was moving to England to be with Freya and Emily, my two best friends.
I joined Lachlan in his recording room.

"Hey guys," I said.

"Hey Jordy!" Yelled Preston.

"Jordyn! How are ya dood?" That was Mitch. The others said hello as well.

"When do you get in to England?" Asked Vik. "We need to catch up some time."

"Yeah, we do," I grinned. "My flight leaves in a few hours actually."

"Have fun!" Exclaimed Rob. "Enjoy your English Love Affair."

"Oh my gosh, did you guys hear that?" I asked, embarrassed.

"Hey, it wasn't too bad," laughed Preston. "Just maybe don't YouTube that cover."

I joined in his laughter. I didn't just do gaming on my channel, I covered songs as well, and danced to them. These were the videos I did with Freya, who was a bit of a girly girl. Emily joined us too on occasions, but she preferred vlogging videos, so normally stuck to that.

"Well, I'll say bye to you guys now, I'm leaving for my flight."

We all said goodbye, and I hugged my brother before returning to my own room. I grabbed my bags, and headed downstairs.

My mum was leaning against the bench on her phone, swinging the keys around one finger. She looked up as I entered.

"Ah, look who's arrived! You ready to go Jo?"

I laughed. My mum and dad always called me Jo for some reason.

"Hehe, that rhymes."

I pulled the fridge door open, and inspected the contents with a critical eye.

"No food!" Exclaimed my mum, pushing the door shut again. "You'll be late! Get stuff at the airport if you're hungry."

I sighed.

"Whatever. Let's go."

I had a strange relationship with my mum. She was my mum, of course, and at times she was annoying as hell, but I think having two youtubers for kids has kept her fairly up to date with the world, and she was less inclined to get annoyed that we basically spent our lives on the internet.

On the car ride to the airport, we talked about Freya and Emily, and what it would be like living with them. My mum knew Frey and Em, and she knew the Pack guys, but she didn't know the Sidemen, as they'd never been to Australia.

"I wish I'd gotten to meet the Sidemen before you moving," she said. "I would kind of like to know the people you spend every day with."

"Well you know Vik," I reasoned.

"Yeah, I remember what you said about him too. I quote, 'He's probably the most normal you can get out of them, if you don't take his sleeping schedule into account.' So what the others are like, I can only imagine."

"Oh my gosh," I giggled. "Okay, do you want to see a photo of them? I promise they're great guys. Even ask Lachlan."

"Okay, let's see a photo," she said, as we stopped at the lights.

I opened the photos app on my phone, and pulled up the photos we'd taken when Lachlan and I had visited them for Insomnia, one of the British gaming conventions.

"That's Josh, and that's Tobi, and this is Ethan and JJ, and this is Simon, and... Oh my gosh these are all of Simon, let me find another one."

"Oh, he's cute," she said, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Really?!" I exclaimed. "No! I'm not gonna date anyone."

"Famous last words," she responded. "Well, if you say they're great guys I'll believe you."

"Wow, thanks," I said sarcastically. "I love how Lachlan's allowed to hang out with whoever the hell he wants, but my friends have to go through inspection before they'll get a pass."

"Jo, you know that's not true!"

"Oh but it so is," I stated. "Lachlan's the favourite!"

My mum rolled her eyes. We had this argument all the time, and normally, as in this case, we were both joking. I knew my parents didn't play favourites, but I liked to complain about it and pretend they did.

We arrived at the airport, and I said goodbye to my mum.

"Be safe, okay?" She stated. "And come back to visit."

"Oh I will, don't worry. I'll miss Lachlan and dad a lot."

"Hey!"

"And you too of course," I laughed.

I hugged my mum tightly, which always made me feel like a kid again, since she was so tall. Lachlan had our mum's height genes, where as my dad and I were shorties.

"Say bye to dad again for me," I smiled.

My mum nodded.

"I will."

And with that, I headed through customs to my gate, off on my adventure to England, which I was incredibly excited about.