Chapter 2: Sidemen

Banter, abstract noun.
Interactions between two or more people who just get each other, and think they're pretty damn hilarious.

Chapter two: Sidemen

"Hey Jord, sorry dude I just realised I double booked myself with picking up you and Em, I am driving down today to pick her up, so I asked Josh and Simon to pick you up from the airport, you can chill at their house until we get there. I am so sorry! Much luv xo" -Frey.

My plane had only just landed, and I'd just turned my phone off airplane mode to receive this text from Freya. I mentally rolled my eyes at her, but it was no big deal. Besides, I'd been looking forward to spending some time with the sidemen, so I didn't mind that Josh and Simon would be picking me up. I took out my phone again, and texted Simon.

"Hey, Frey said you guys were getting me from the airport?" -Jord.

"We're at your gate :)" - Simon.

I smiled. The queue to get off the plane was moving now, so I put my phone back in my jeans pocket, and pulled up my backpack onto my back before I was set to go.

Josh and Simon were both waiting at the gate.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, hugging them both. "How are you guys?"

"Not bad," grinned Josh. "Good flight?" I shrugged.

"Long, but okay," I replied. "Not much turbulence or anything, so I can't really complain."

"Must be a good few hours, coming from Australia," said Simon, as we began to walk towards the baggage claim.

"Yeah, too many," I nodded. "We stop over in Singapore though, so it breaks it up a little. Time to stretch your legs."

We collected my bag, and headed out to where Simon's car was waiting.

"I got your bag," said Josh, taking it from me, as Simon popped the boot open. "You take shotgun."

"Sweet, thanks dude," I smiled. "Be careful, it's heavy."

"Oh wow, you're right," he exclaimed, lifting it into the boot. "What the hell is in here?"

"Everything," I said, stating the obvious. "I'm here to stay now, remember?"

"But still," he laughed. "Be honest now, how many bricks did you pack?"

"C'mon man, give me credit for only bringing one bag!" I complained, as we got into the car.

Simon looked at me, and laughed.

"Not bricks, Josh. I can bet you that bag is full of hoodies and converse." I stared at him in surprise, watching as a smirk appeared on his face. "I'm right, aren't I?"

"You're also very cocky, but I'll give you ten points anyway."

Both of them laughed.

"Not sure if insult or compliment," stated Simon, as he began to drive.

"Take it anyway," laughed Josh.

"Most of my stuff I can get here anyway, so it's no point carting it all the way out here," I explained.
"Like... Gaming set up, furniture..."

"I can help you out with the setup actually," said Simon. "I've been trying to sort out mine too, so I'm basically on first name basis with the people in the store."

"Thanks," I smiled. "Frey and Em won't be much help there, to be honest I don't think Em even knows what a Pokemon is."

Simon shook his head, laughing.

"Well doesn't she lead a pitiful existence."

"Says the one who spends his life in his room. At least us girls actually leave our houses every now and then."

"Every now and then," repeated Josh.

"Well, I didn't want to exaggerate," I stated.

We all laughed again, and Simon sighed.

"I'm glad you're here Jordy. I missed you."

"Missed you too Simon," I smiled, somewhat surprised at the random comment.

But then, Simon was like that. Comes out with the emotional stuff when you least expect it from him.

"What about meeeee!" Complained Josh, poking his head in from the back seat.

"Oi, stay in the back, peasant," I laughed, giving his head a shove. He yelled, and retreated.

"Oh my gosh your accent," he laughed. "You are so Australian."

"Really," I stated sarcastically. "Funny, coz that's where I come from."

We finally reached the Sidemen house, and after dumping my bags in their living room for the time being, I went to say hi to the other guys. JJ was in the kitchen with Josh and Simon, and a grin appeared on his face as I walked in.

"Jordy!" He exclaimed, coming over, and pulling me into a hug.

"How's it going dude?" I grinned.

"Not bad, not bad," he replied. "I literally woke up like five minutes ago, so that was good timing I guess."

"I can tell you just woke up," I laughed, rolling my eyes. "You're all but sleep walking. I'm guessing Vik won't be around for another few hours then? I mean, it's only 10pm..." They laughed at my sarcasm.

"Let's go wake him up," giggled JJ.

"Dude, no, he needs his sleep!" Laughed Josh. "Don't disturb what little of it there is." I looked at Josh, and laughed.

"You're still the daddy of the sidemen, aren't you."

"Oh my gosh," laughed Simon. "You have no idea how accurate that is."

At this point, there was a noise on the stairs, and Vik appeared in the doorway to the kitchen, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"Damn, which truck ran over you?" I laughed.

"Oh, hey Jord," he grinned, coming over and giving me a hug. "Long time no see."

"Two months, dude," I laughed. "Next time drag the rest of the sidemen to Australia with you, yeah?" He rolled his eyes, which were still sleepy.

"I tried, I tried, but it not work." Simon laughed at him.

"He's not functioning," he said, poking Vik in the arm. "Was that even a sentence?" We laughed at him too.

"How's Lachlan?" Asked Vik, pretending to glare at Simon.

Vik was probably my brother's closest friend, and they spent a lot of time together, considering they lived on opposite sides of the world.

"He's good, bit salty about me coming here without him, but he'll get over it. He spends half his life in America anyways, so that's his problem."

"How long are you here for?" Asked Simon.

"Six months, at this stage," I said. "I might stay longer, but I'll at least go back to Australia for a few weeks in between. And then Preston wants me and Lachlan to come stay in his offices for a few months as well, so Texas is on my agenda too."

"We lead a crazy existence," commented Josh, shaking his head.

"The bright side of having internet friends," said Vik. "Anyway... I woke up because Ethan was literally spamming my Skype for GTA, so shall we go record? And Jord you can join in if you want."

"Nah, I don't have my setup yet," I stated. "I'll watch you guys though."

"Can't we eat first?" Complained JJ.

"Yeah, I was gonna go get food anyway," said Simon. "You guys go start, and I'll go grab us some Nandos or something." He glanced at me. "Feel like coming?"

"Sure," I shrugged. "Let's go."