Chapter 74: Advertising the Mad House

Glitter, noun.
An absolute essential for any girl's life. I don't care if you're as emo punk rock as they come. Glitter makes people happy and excited, and it makes us look special when we wear it.

Chapter seventy four: Advertising the Mad House
Words can barely describe the feeling you get when you're out on that floor. The lights pick up the glitter and shine of our uniforms, and our sparkly makeup, and the music they play for your entry to the floor is practically drowned out by the screaming of the crowd. I've been to YouTube conventions, I know what it's like to be a performer. But trust me, cheerleading crowds are on a whole new level. Your team is welcomed by the crowd, and everyone bounces up and down on the floor to get the feel of what it's like to tumble on it. Then slowly, everyone drifts into their starting positions, and the crowd goes quiet in anticipation. All your muscles are tensed, and ready to go, only waiting for the first count of the music as your cue to go.

And suddenly, the music is on. The muscle memory from countless hours of practice kicks in, and the nerves run from you, because it's game on.

"WE HIT, WE DID IT!" Meah screamed, bouncing down the hallway ahead of the rest of the team.
"YEAH WE DID!" I yelled back. "Our stunt was PERFECT, Alex!"
"We smashed it!" Alex exclaimed, excitedly. Everyone was talking at once, until suddenly, we caught sight of Eddie and Orby coming to meet us, and as if a trigger had been released, we all took off and fell upon them, Meah obviously getting there first, since she was ahead already.
"I'm so proud of you guys!" Eddie exclaimed. "I think we had two touches, but that was it!"
"Lexi, you fully nailed your standing double full. Sienna and Vanessa were slaying their side of the pyramid! And Alex and Jordyn especially, I was terrified you were gonna drop that stunt, but you could really see you fighting for it!" Orby grinned.
"Meah, your performance in the dance was amazing, as always," Eddie added. "Could you see your boyfriend in the crowd, by any chance?"
"Well, I could see the boys!" I laughed, answering for her. "And I swear I've never seen Emily, Frey, and Summer scream so much. Even the boys were bouncing with excitement. It was pretty cute, if I'm honest."
"Of course I saw them," Meah grinned. "JJ was yelling like a maniac, how could I not dance well?"
"Let's go out to the foyer, guys," said Orby, "And we'll go from there. Well done again. In my eyes, you are already champions."

When we reached the foyer, we were met with all the parents and friends of every member of our team. Mine and Meah's parents couldn't be here, for obvious reasons, but our homies from England were basically our family anyway, and they were definitely the people closest to my heart. I squealed as soon as I saw Simon, and took off running, flinging my arms around his neck. He laughed happily, and lifted me by the hips, spinning us around.
"I MISSED YOU!" I squealed.
"ME TOO!" He laughed. "I'm so happy I came, seeing you do that stuff in real life is so much better than watching a video!"
"I saw you in the crowd," I commented, smiling up at him, my hands still resting on his shoulders.
"I know," he replied, "I saw you waving." He dipped his head, and kissed me softly, until we were interrupted by Eddie.
"Well this is cute," he grinned. We pulled away, and turned to look at him, Simon giving him a friendly smile.
"Eddie this is Simon, Simon this is Eddie, my coach." I introduced them.
"I have been dying to meet you, and I don't even watch your videos," Eddie said, and Simon laughed.
"Great to meet you too," he said. "Jordy spoke about yourself and Orby quite a bit, so now I'm kinda putting a face to a name."
"On trust me, she's said lots about you too!" Eddie chuckled.

At this point, the others, who had been catching up with and congratulating Meah joined us. Josh and Tobi hadn't seen Meah since we'd all been in Australia together, and Summer, Frey, and Em were eager to promote the friendship with her that had begun when they'd visited me whilst I'd been injured. They all had their congratulations to give me as well, before we caught up on what had been happening during the past couple of weeks.
"Honestly, you haven't missed much," Tobi said, shaking his head. "The house looks like it's been bombed, there's just stuff everywhere."
"Speak for yourself," Freya snorted. "Our room is immaculate."
"I can imagine," I laughed. "The neat freak herself. Can't your abilities extend to the rest of the house?"
"Nope," she chuckled.
"Well, I have an excuse for our rom being a pigsty," Simon said, smiling at me. "I'm under strict orders not to touch anything until someone gets home to help me."
"That's because I want to help you decorate," I stated. "You just can't unpack IKEA furniture by yourself."
"Oh, and what do you imagine I'm sleeping on?" He laughed. "The bed is IKEA too, you know."
"Wouldn't surprise me if you just slept on the floor," I smirked at him.
"Oh, shut it, you," he rolled his eyes playfully.
"You guys really aren't selling it to me well, if you want me to live with you," Meah teased us.
"Oh Meah, Meah," Freya grinned. "It's the very definition of a mad house, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine."
"You know what?" Meah shrugged, looking at JJ. "I'll move over. Why not?"
My eyes widened, and Summer shrieked in excitement, as we attacked Meah with a hug. She wriggled out of our grip, as JJ pulled her close, and kissed her lips sweetly.
"You have absolutely no idea how happy that makes me," he smiled at her.

A/N: The video is their Cheerleading routine. If you didn't realise already, Reckless is a real life level 6 worlds cheer team, based in California. The ATV Cheerleaders show on YouTube follows SMOED, which is the level five worlds cheer team, from the same gym, Cali Bullets. Occasionally you get glimpses into what Reckless is up to on the show. Just some background info for ya :)