Chapter 27: Lachlan

Stubborn, adjective.
A strong determination not to change your mind, in spite of good evidence suggesting that you should. For me, a stubborn refusal to hold a grudge against anyone was what put us in this position in the first place, with stubborn people who refuse to drop a grudge.

Chapter twenty seven: Lachlan
Later that evening, I was laying on my bed, scrolling through my YouTube comments, when Simon texted me.

Simon- I'm at Starbucks what do u want?

Jordyn- Hot Choc :) thanks u legend <3

Simon- <3

He appeared in my bedroom ten minutes later, hot chocolate in one hand, and red bull in the other.
"You didn't even get Starbucks yourself," I said.
"Didn't want it," he smiled. "But I knew you would."
"Thank you," I grinned, hugging him. He kissed my forehead, and smiled at me.
"I missed you," he stated.
"Simon you saw me yesterday," I smiled.
"Your point is?" He said, sitting beside me. We both laughed.
"I missed you too," I mumbled, after a moment. He smirked. I rested my head on his shoulder, and watched him scrolling through Twitter on his phone. He replied to a few fans, and it made me smile when he chuckled at something funny. His laugh was cute.
"What you smiling about?" He asked, turning to look at me.
"I love your laugh," I smiled. He chuckled, and opened the camera on his phone. We started taking stupid selfies, and a few cute ones too. I watched him smile as he flicked through the ones we'd taken.
"You are so cute," he said. "Why aren't you a model?"
"I refuse to wear makeup," I stated.
"You don't need it," he said, poking my cheek.
"Okay, you need to stop being so cute, I can't handle it," I giggled. He chuckled too, and wrapped his arm tighter around me. "Hey, did I tell you my brother's coming over for my soccer final and Insomnia?"
"Oh, so you guys made up then?" He asked.
"He skyped me a few hours ago," I said.
"Is he a fan now? Did you convert him?" He asked. I laughed.
"Well he hasn't exactly got XIX tattooed on him, but he's at least accepted that I've grown up now. To be honest I think he's just coming to check out how you guys are around me."
"Well I'm dead then," he chuckled. "But what makes you think that? Is that what he said?"
"Nah, well we still love each other, but we're not as close as we used to be, I've grown apart from him, we're different people to the ones we were when we were basically inseparable."
"That's you and me now," he said. I nodded, and smiled.
"Yeah, it is."
"Well, I think both of you are incredibly stubborn," he smiled. "But I guess he just wants to make sure you're okay, see you again, maybe catch up with Vik?"
"Yeah, I think you're right," I nodded.

Lachlan flew in two days before my soccer final, and Vik and I went to Heathrow to meet him. I was finally getting used to British geography, after spending a good four months in the place, but I still wouldn't trust my navigation skills without one of the guys to help me. Lachlan was tired, but happy to see us both. He pulled me into a tight hug, and spun me around.
"I really missed you Jord," he grinned, placing me back on my feet.
"You too," I smiled. I watched as Vik and Lachlan 'bro hugged', and then we headed to the baggage claim. I was getting déjà vu from four months ago, when Josh and Simon had picked me up from what happened to be the exact same airport gate. The time had really flown by, it seemed only a few weeks ago.

Lachlan had opted to stay in a hotel for the days leading up to Insomnia, partly to allow him to catch up on sleep in peace, and partly because the spare rooms in the sidemen house were almost full of merch for Insomnia. Vik and I helped him to bring his stuff in, and then left him to shower and sleep. Lachlan and I were opposite in the fact that I was a night owl, and he was an early bird, as strange as that was for a youtuber. Whereas I hated people first thing in the morning, (these days with the exception of Simon) he hated people at the end of the day when he'd stayed up too late.

"Well," said Vik, as we drove back to the sidemen house. "He doesn't hate us, always a bonus. These days I never know what to expect from little Lachy."
"He could never hate you, Vik," I smiled. "I'm just worried about Simon."
"I thought Lachlan forgave him for whatever crime he thought he'd committed," frowned Vik.
"No, I mean I think Simon is still mad at Lachlan now, and if those two don't get on with each other, my life will basically become hell."
"Have you talked to Simon about it?" Asked Vik.
"Yeah, but you know what he's like," I smiled. "He'll bottle it all up inside his head and it'll sit there brewing until he snaps. He said he wasn't mad at him, but in the same breath he said he is my brother, and also he's not even here for that long."
"So basically he's just holding out for when Lachlan goes home again," sighed Vik. "What do we do, keep them apart?"
"But isn't that just avoiding the problem?" I said. "If they're gonna get mad at each other I'd sooner they get it over with right away."
"Let's put 'em in a bag and shake 'em up," chuckled Vik. "And maybe chuck you in there as well. All three of You are stubborn little idiots."
"Did Vik just call Simon and Lachlan 'little'?" I asked the world outside the car window.
"Hey, no cracks about my size," laughed Vik. "You and I are basically the same height, you know."
"It's more acceptable to be small when you're a girl," I pointed out. Vik pretended to look sad. "Okay, I'll stop now," I giggled.

A/N: drop a comment what's your favourite part so far :)

Took me a good quarter of an hour to work out a definition for this chapter tbh lol.

Another chapter in an hour tops :)

K thnx Bai <3