Chapter 18: Training

Train, verb.
The act of pushing so hard at something everyday, that people look at you, and say, damn, she really wants the victory. So when you get it, you feel like you really deserve it.

Chapter eighteen: Training

"What's your coach like?" Asked Simon, glancing over at me from his place in the driver's seat.

We were on our way to soccer training. Simon had decided to come and watch, as he claimed he liked watching me play, and it was a chance to hang out together without gaming or watching movies.

"He's really good," I replied. "He's a bit of a bear, I guess, but that's probably why the team is so skilled, he knows how to work us hard, and he definitely knows what he's doing. I'm still surprised I got in, to be honest."

"You really need to stop doubting yourself," said Simon, shaking his head. "He obviously chose you for the team for a reason."

"I guess so," I smiled.

"What position do you play?" He asked.

"I prefer midfield, left winger, normally," I replied. "So yeah, I'm basically female Ronaldo."

"I see you've got his ego as well," Simon chuckled. "And I didn't know you were left footed."

"You learn something new everyday I guess," I said.

Simon sat in the stands whilst the practice was in progress. I changed quickly in the changing room, and headed out to where my teammates were gathered on the field.

"Hey Jordyn," called one of the girls, as I joined them.

"Hey Olivia," I smiled.

"You ready for our first game?" She grinned, as she pulled up one of her socks so it was covering her shin pad. (A/N: top man. If you get this joke I love you haha)

"I'd like to think so," I smiled. "This Saturday, yeah?"

"That's the one," she nodded.

"Hey Jordyn!"

I turned to see two other girls join Olivia and I. These two, named Ellie and Summer, were the best of friends. They were both fans of the Sidemen, as well as fans of Frey, Em, and myself, so in a way they knew me a lot better than I knew them, which made things slightly wierd for me. But they were great girls, and we did have a lot in common, a love of soccer being one of them.

"Hey you two," I grinned. "How's it going?"

"Great, and you?" Smiled Ellie.

"Not bad, not bad at all," I replied. "I've been busy, but I guess you know how it goes."

They both laughed.

"How's college, Summer?" Asked Olivia.

"Hectic," she replied. "I'm glad to get away from it, to be honest."

"Change courses or something," I said. "You'll run yourself into the ground if you keep pushing at something you hate this much."

"I've tried, Jordyn," laughed Ellie ruefully. "But she insists on working her little Asian butt off."

"Hey!" Laughed Summer, shoving her friend playfully.

At this point, our coach called us in, and we began the training session. We started off with drills for dribbling and passing, which was a key focus for us at the moment. We were still learning about each other as a team, knowing our strengths and weaknesses, and our coach was focusing mainly on that. After what seemed like an eternity of drills, he sent us to grab a drink, before we would start a practice game. My phone dinged whilst I was at my locker, and I grabbed it out to see a notification from Twitter. Simon had tagged me in his tweet:

@miniminter7: "watching @JordyNexuS play football today you ain't half bad girl!"

He'd attached a photo of us playing too. I smiled, and replied to him.

@JordyNexuS: "@miniminter7 thanks bro I try and it's called soccer btw xD"

I dropped my phone back in my bag, closed the locker, and spun the combination lock before jogging outside again to join my team. Our coach divided us into two teams, and we began to play the game. Both sides were evenly matched, and I got to play left wing, which was nice, as our coach liked to stick us into different positions during practice games to see how we coped. I scored a goal, and so did Summer, who was a striker. However, the other half of our team, who played against us today, scored four goals, so they won. Finally, we completed a lap around the pitch, and stretched our tired limbs to cool down. Our coach called us in to talk.

"Fantastic effort today girls," he said. "I could really see the teamwork there today, you're coming together as a team, which is great. I know you're all hungry for the victory on Saturday, so let's go out there and take it, okay?"

He dismissed us to go get changed, and we entered the change rooms tiredly. I grabbed my sidemen hoodie out of my bag, and pulled it on over the top of my team jersey.

"Oh my gosh Jord, we're matching!" Smiled Summer, turning to show me her own sidemen hoodie. "But I'm totally a bigger fan than you are."

I raised an eyebrow, laughing.

"That's debatable," I said. "Come on, let's take a selfie."

We took pictures with our hoodies on, and I put them on Instagram, and tagged Summer in it. Suddenly, we heard a squeal from the other side of the room, and Ellie came bounding over.

"Jordyn Natalie Nexus!" She yelled.

"What have I done now?" I asked, laughing at her use of my full name.

I wondered how my middle name had ended up on the Internet.

"Simon is here watching us play, and you didn't even tell us!" She exclaimed, half laughing.

"You can come meet him if you want," I laughed, shouldering my gym bag, and closing my locker. "I'm about to go find him now. Wait, how did you know he was here?"

"It was on Twitter," she explained.

"Oh," I nodded, remembering. "Well let's go."

Summer and Ellie were really happy to finally meet Simon, as they'd never met any of the Sidemen before. To me, it said great things about them that they'd never asked me to introduce them to the sidemen before, although I knew they were big fans. It made the difference between them wanting my friendship for friendship's sake, and wanting it for ulterior motives. And I was thankful for that.

A/N: just another note to say you probably noticed I changed the story title, it was called I love you idiot now it's called Definitions, and I changed up the style and edited my previous chapters as well. So yeah, this is the same story, just edited, and with a new title :)

Hope you enjoyed! K thnx Bai <3