Chapter 10: Editing

Lazy, adjective.
Don't even lie. You're staying there because he's lying next to you, not because you're too tired to get up. Don't. Even. Lie.

Chapter ten: Editing

I was using Simon's second computer to edit the slang challenge, whilst he sat beside me editing a Q&A for his channel, which we'd recorded right after.

We had a bit of a weird setup going on - my phone was sat on the desk between us, and we shared the headphones to that for music. In the other ear, we had the audio for the recordings.

The two of us shared about half our taste in music - Simon was quite happy with Macklemore, Jason Deluro, Stormzy, JME, and even some Ariana Grande, but he drew the line at Taylor Swift and Owl City. Every so often he skipped a song, and if it wasn't a particular favourite of mine I let him. Both of us were more focussed on what we were doing anyway.

I finished editing first, and set it to render, then I watched Simon, who was nearly finished as well. Seeing the video we'd made had me laughing all over again. Q&A's were special on Simon's channel, especially as he did a lot less IRL videos than I did, so we did a lot of cutaways, which required more editing. When he finally finished editing, he turned to look at me.

"Two more," he sighed. "Well, football can wait. Q&A goes up today, FIFA went up earlier, and GTA tonight."

"I've just got minecraft, and I can't be bothered. I'll do it tonight before I sleep. What time is it?"

"Uh, like 2pm. Wanna watch movies?"

He stood up and stretched. I nodded, pulling out my headphones, and pocketing my phone. I pulled my sleeves over my hands, which were cold from the keyboard and mouse.

"It's so cold," I complained. "I'm 100% stealing your blanket again."

"Come here," he said, Taking my hands and pulling me to him.

I felt him wrap his arms around me, and I fell naturally into his embrace. My ear was about level with his heart, and I could hear it beating. I began to feel warm again, and the tips of my fingers were not so numb.

"I'll take you instead of the blanket, thanks," I laughed.

He chuckled, and rested his chin on the top of my head.

"What movie do you wanna watch?" He asked.

I shrugged.

"Not gonna lie," I stated. "Kinda wanna see the new Deadpool."

He pretended to be shocked, and held me at arms length.

"You? Watch superhero movies? No."

"Hey, it looks like a really funny movie," I laughed. "I saw the trailer on a YouTube ad, and I figured I'd have to see a super hero movie at some point, so it might as well be Deadpool. I know I don't normally watch them, but they're not really my thing."

"It does look pretty good," he nodded, smiling at my rambling. He spun me around in his arms. "Blanket is in that cupboard. Netflix is on my laptop. I'm gonna go grab some food, I'll be right back."

He disappeared out the door, and downstairs to the kitchen. I felt cold again as soon as he left, and grabbed the thick blue blanket from the cupboard that I'd used on the first day I'd got here. I opened Netflix on his laptop, and then laid on my stomach on Simon's bed. I found 'Deadpool' just as he returned with food.

"Oreos!" I grinned. "I love you!"

"Thanks," he laughed.

"Not you, idiot. The Oreos."

"Ouch, Jordy. That hurt."

"Oh get over yourself," I laughed. "What else did you get?"

"Just chips, and Red Bull for me, Sprite for you."

"You remembered my Sprite obsession," I smiled.

"We had a massive argument about this at Gamescom a few years ago," he laughed, sitting next to me and handing me the can. "You found Deadpool?"

"Yep," I nodded. "Let's go."

Our movie had finished, but we were both too lazy to get up. We were lying on our backs and talking. All the chips and Oreos were long gone, and Simon had spilt his Red Bull on both of us, so that was gone too. My empty Sprite can was on the floor out of the way.

"Did you end up finding a football team to join?" He asked.

"Yeah, actually, I looked it up the other day, I've gotta go for their tryouts in about a week," I said. "I'm hell nervous though."

"You'll be fine," he smiled. "Want me to come with?"

"Please," I nodded. "You might need to hold me while I cry, because I suck at soccer these days."

"Nah, you're pretty good, I saw you play today," he smiled. "I think you're just used to being sick at it."

"Whatever," I laughed.

We continued to talk about whatever our conversation led to. I don't know how long we talked for, but at some point we both fell asleep, and didn't wake up until around quarter to six.

I awoke to a pair of bright blue eyes studying my features, and a finger poking me repeatedly on the cheek. He grinned as I blinked my eyes open.

"Simonnnn," I complained, smiling.

"Jord, we both have videos that were supposed to be uploaded forty five minutes ago."

"Damn it, we must've slept for too long," I sighed.

"We talked for longer," he stated.

"Hundred percent worth," I smiled.

I sat up, and undid my braided hair, which was messy now. I re-tied it into a pony tail.

"Your hair is all frizzy," smiled Simon.

"For about three point seven minutes," I laughed ruefully. "The bumps from the braid fall out straight away, coz it's so heavy. Okay, I have to go home and edit I guess."

"Damn, I don't want to edit on my own," he sighed. "Have fun. Want me to drop you home?"

"Thanks," I nodded.

We both went downstairs, and Simon grabbed his keys from the kitchen bench where he'd dumped them on his way in. Then we headed outside to the car.

A/N: I was just thinking... I could make longer chapters, but that would mean longer between updates. What do you guys think?