Chapter 54: A few Arrivals

Surprises, noun.
Yeah, I don't like them either. But I gotta admit, this one was pretty good.

Chapter fifty four: A few Arrivals
"So how's your day been, cripple?" Asked Jordan, as we drove home from the beach, much later that evening.
"Actually? Great," I said, smiling at him. "I liked all of it up until you called me a cripple. And Tom coulda died a few less times to the Lich King, that would have been great too." Jordan laughed.
"What more do we expect from Tom," he said.
"But in all seriousness, thanks for taking me out today, and making me laugh. Like... really laugh. I needed it."
"Any time Jords," he smiled. "I love hanging out with you."
"And I have noticed we're not headed straight home, by the way," I stated. "Where are we going?"
"Oh, you noticed?" He exclaimed. "Damn, I was hoping you didn't know your way around very well."
"Really? It's been over four months, Jordan! Well, almost, anyway. I'm not that bad with directions!"
"Well I'm not telling you where we're going," he chuckled.
"Aw, come on! Why not?"
"Because your brother never forgive me," he responded. "You're gonna have to sit tight til we get there."
"Wait, what? My brother?" I stared at him. He only grinned, and said nothing. And then I understood. "Oh, you're in on the secret plan?!"
"I guess you could say that," he laughed. "And you kept throwing spanners in the works, without knowing it, so that's why I'm dropping you at the airport, and not home. You and your photos of sunsets took too long."
"Oh, right, sorry!" I laughed. "But why the airport?" We were pretty much right outside the airport now, and Jordan pulled into the drop off lane.
"You'll see," he replied. "Look, here's Preston and Lachlan. I'll drop you here with them. You have fun, okay?"
"I will," I said, as he halted the car. I reached over, and hugged him tightly. "Thank you so much Jordan! See you later."
"Bye!" He called, as I hopped out of the car, reaching for my crutches to steady myself. I turned to look at Preston and Lachlan, as Jordan drove away.
"Alright, what have you two done?" I said, with a smile.
"Meah's gone in to get them," said my brother. "They should be here, right about... now!" He pointed to the glass automatic doors of the airport, where a group of girls were coming out.
"Freya?!" I exclaimed, in recognition.

They were all here - Freya, Em, Ellie, Summer, Meah, and a girl I didn't know with long brown hair, and makeup done as perfectly as Frey's. Frey and Em took off running towards me as soon as they caught sight of me, and the others soon followed, descending on me like an avalanche.
"Jordy! How are you? How's the leg?" Yelled Ellie.
"Girl, I could not imagine you with crutches," giggled Em, "But here you are with them!"
"This is so exciting!" Squealed Freya.
"Wow guys, I... I can't believe you're here!" I exclaimed, covering my mouth in shock. I had not been expecting this at all. "This is amazing," I said, turning to my brother, as I knew it had been chiefly his idea. "Thanks Lachy. And thanks Preston and Meah, you did a good job of keeping it a secret!"
"Oh, so you didn't guess that we were coming?" Asked Em.
"Nope, I had no idea!" I grinned.
"Anyway, Jord," said Freya, gesturing to the girl I didn't know. "This is Kay, short for Kayleigh, she's a recent addition to the squad, and she's like... basically dating Vik."
"Hey!" Laughed Kay. "Am not!" She smiled at me in greeting. "We've just known each other a really long time, that's all. But it's great to meet you Jord, I'm finally putting a face to a name I've heard so much about."
"Well allow me to personally welcome you to the league of loonies that is our squad," I grinned. "I guess you know what you've gotten yourself into!" Kay laughed.
"Oh, I do, don't worry, and I've been told that you're the worst of the lot?"
"Don't believe a word they say about me," I giggled. "Especially Freya, she likes to make up stories."
"Do not!" Snorted Frey.
"Well," said Kay, "I can see we'll be the best of friends within a few days."
"I'll count the minutes," I responded.

A few of the girls hadn't met Preston, and Kay didn't know Lachlan either, so after those introductions were made, we left the airport for our apartment block. After the initial excitement of arriving in America had died down, the girls were all pretty tired, so they all went to sleep on the blow up beds that Meah and the two boys had been putting up whilst I was at the beach with Jordan. I lay awake on my own bed, texting Simon for a while - it felt like ages since we'd spoken properly. It seemed strange now, to think that in less than two months, he'd be here again to watch me compete at worlds cheerleading. That is, if my leg healed up okay. I was going for a review in two weeks, to see how it was going. In the meantime, I had the girls here, which had truly made my day. Not just to have them here, but the fact that it was Lachlan's idea to ask them. It was the final healing of the tear in our relationship, and it had begun to heal me mentally too.

A/N: reminder to enter the character contest :) I'm picking soon!

K thnx Bai <3