Chapter 60: Bowling Lights

Bowling, noun.
Why on earth do we like this ridiculous past time so much? It's even worse than cricket. But hey, I guess cricketers can't bowl backwards through their legs, can they?

Chapter sixty: Bowling Lights
"So, how long are you here for?" Asked Simon.
"Not too long, but I've not booked a flight back yet. I'll stay as long as we need it." His smile grew as I said this, and he stared at me in wonder.
"You're amazing," he said quietly, before leaning in to kiss me again. I giggled, as I felt him take my hands, and gently push me against the wall behind us. In a weird way, I liked it when he took charge. It was part of what made him Simon, to anybody else, and I loved him for it. I bit down on his bottom lip, and he responded by slipping his hand under the hem of my t-shirt, pressing our bodies closer together. The sudden contact of his skin on mine made me shiver, and I could feel him smirking as we continued to kiss heatedly. I wriggled my hands free from his grasp, and reached up to run my fingers through his hair, which was gelled in its usual style.
"Hey," he murmured against my lips.
"What," I smiled, feeling both of his hands slide down to hold my waist gently.
"You're messing my hair up," he pouted. "But... it feels kinda nice." I giggled at him.
"Well make up your mind," I said.
"C'mon," he smiled, "let's go to sleep, I've had enough of editing."
"Hmm," I agreed, "I didn't sleep much on the plane."
"You never do," he responded. "You grab some clothes, lemme just close my computer." I nodded, and smiled at him, before going over to his chest of drawers. I found one of his old original sidemen hoodies, and a pair of boxers, and changed into those. I sat on Simon's bed to wait for him to finish whatever he was doing, and picked up my phone. I had a text from Josh.

Josh - 'I guess it went well then?'

I almost gasped, I'd forgotten about him. I stood up.
"I'll be right back," I told Simon, before running out of the room, and down the stairs to Josh's room, in my haste completely forgetting to knock on his door. He turned to look at me as I entered, and I rushed over and hugged him.
"Well aren't you lucky I wasn't recording," he stated.
"Thank you so much Josh," I said, ignoring his sarcasm. "I think we're good now."
"Welcome," he chuckled. "I'm just happy you guys are okay." He gestured to my clothes. "That didn't take long now, did it?" I rolled my eyes, and laughed at him.
"Oh, shut it, you. We're going to sleep. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"
"See ya Jordy," he smiled.

The door closed softly behind me, and I walked back upstairs into Simon's room. Simon was lying on his bed in his boxers, staring at the ceiling with a smile on his face. I crawled over onto his bed, and lay next to him, feeling his arms snake around my waist, and pull me closer to his side. I kissed his cheek affectionately.
"You're such an angel, I don't deserve you at all," I murmured. He shook his head, smiling.
"On the contrary, I think we're exactly perfect for each other."

"Right," said Simon, starting his car. "Bowling, let's go."
"I'm actually excited, it's childish, honestly," I smiled. "I just haven't been bowling in so long."
"It'll be nice for it to just be us," he said, resting one hand on my leg, and keeping the other on the wheel as he drove. "I went with Manny and Tobi not that long ago, and it was good fun, but I'm terrible, just so you know."
"You say that about everything, and its rubbish," I laughed. "But I will say that I'll be better at this than you. You play soccer,"
"Football," he interrupted.
"Sorry, football," I rolled my eyes, jokingly. "You play football, and I play basketball, so my arms should be stronger than yours."
"Well, you broke your leg, so..." he smirked. "And hey, I'm quite disappointed I never got to see you try to walk in crutches."
"Oh, there's so many videos," I laughed. "Just YouTube Jordyn Nexus broken leg, they've got footage of me actually breaking it on the ATV show."
"I know, I know, I did see the videos," he nodded. "I mean in person." He patted my leg as he spoke. "Bet that would've been funny."
"Some support you would have been," I laughed.

I couldn't help thinking, for perhaps the fourth time that day, how nice it was to be out together, without having to worry about anybody else, or needing to pull out a vlogging camera.
"So," said Simon, taking a sip from his coke bottle. He glanced at our scoreboard as he spoke, and turned to grin at me. "A strike or two would be nice!"
"You don't need 'em," I chuckled. "You're still beating me, and I've got three strikes."
"Let's be honest, they were flukes," he laughed, and I couldn't help smiling, noticing how his eyes sparkled in the light of the bowling alley.
"You're savage today mate! At least I've actually got one, though," I retorted. "Go on, are you gonna bowl that one, or just stand there holding it?" I gestured to the green ball he'd picked up off the rack.
"Watch this," he smirked. "Through the legs, strike. I got this." He turned around, and shot the ball through his legs. Of course, it rolled to the side, and dropped into the gutter, scoring him no pins.
"Gutterball!" I laughed.
"Well, you try and do better then," he huffed, moodily. I laughed, and picked up a black ball, deciding to have a go at the same trick shot, just to satisfy him. I sent the ball rolling between my legs, and like Simon's, it dropped into the gutter.
"There, are you satisfied that it can't be done?" I smirked.
"Fine..." he rolled his eyes playfully. "But I'm trying one more time."
"Take the green ball, for good luck," I laughed. "You got nothing else going or you."
"Okay," he shrugged, picking it up, and positioning his fingers in the holes on the side. Once again, he tried his trick shot, but by some lucky chance, he managed to get a strike right down the middle of the alley.
"YES!" He exclaimed, excitedly. "Told you!"
"Well I'm definitely not winning now," I laughed. "Good job. Do you want a medal now, or..."
"Oh shut up," he chuckled. "Have your turn."

A/N: sorry for ditching for a few weeks. I've been hella busy, and it's stressing me out, and I've so had it with the month of May. Come June I'll be good haha. I'm going to Adelaide (again), and Broome (for the first time ever), I'm super excited for that!

Also been a bit distracted with Tobi's let's plays, honestly his series are better than Simon's sometimes, this from a diehard Simon girl haha. Comment if you watched any of Tobi's let's plays, I watched Bully Scholarship when it came out, and now I'm watching Life is Strange, which is...weird.

But yeah, thanks for reading guys <3 please leave a vote if you're enjoying it :)
-Jordyn