Chapter 40: Actual Edible Cheese

Gold digger, noun.
One who messes with the wrong...*insert JJ saying N word here*

Chapter forty: Actual Edible Cheese
"Okay," I said thoughtfully, "That's a pretty cool idea, but I've gotta get in first."
"What is it?" Asked Simon.
"Well I once said in a vlog that I was hoping to do cheerleading in America, and so they've had this idea that I should join Smoed, which is the team they've been following on the 'Cheerleaders' show for years. But I don't know if I'm that good, and also I'm pretty sure you have to be between 12 and 18 years old, it's a senior team."
"They're gold diggers," joked JJ. "You've got more subs than them."
"Nah, they're just being nice," I laughed at his exaggeration. "It would be pretty cool to work together, plus it means more content, because I won't be able to record as much."
"That's true," nodded Simon, "but I guess you're too old anyway, you're nineteen."
"I could join their level 6 team, called Reckless," I said slowly, thinking. "Nah, there's no way I could get in, their gym works on such a high level."
"You can only try, right?" Smiled Josh. "You've got nothing to loose if you try out, so give it a shot."
"You guys won't see too much of me if and when I get in," I smiled ruefully. "We can Skype and record on the days I'm not training, I guess." I sighed. "Damn, I wish there was more than 24 hours in a day."
"Not the first time anyone's wished that!" Agreed Vik.
"I just... I dunno, the idea was to hang out with Preston and Lachlan whilst I'm there, but now I'm gonna have cheer four nights a week, Basketball on three, then How to Minecraft every morning, a video with you guys, and then editing, plus skyping Simon for like a million hours... something's gotta go, out of all that lot."
"You could cut Simon down to 500k hours," Josh chuckled.
"Hey!" Simon protested.
"Chill bruv, I was joking," said Josh.
"Hmm, it needs sleeping on," I sighed. "Anyway, I WAS halfway through editing. Stupid emails." Ethan, who hadn't said a word for the past ten minutes, started giggling uncontrollably.
"What you laughing at, Behz?" Asked Tobi, joining in his contagious laughter.
"Just Simon in prop hunt being so confused, when I was sitting like... right in front of him," he giggled. "I'm just editing it now, this is gold, honestly!"
"Ethan's proudest moment," I laughed, relieving the memory. I went back to my editing with a smile on my face. Although it had brought more complications into my life, it was nice to know that people like ATV liked my content enough to ask to work with me. Over the past five or so years, YouTube had been the only constant in my life, and it was incredibly important to me. So overall, the email made me happy.

Simon and I had still been thinking over our Australia trip, and we decided to see which of the others had any interest in coming. JJ and Josh replied almost instantly, when Simon texted our squad group chat, and a bit later, Behz, Tobi, and Manny said they'd think about it too. Most of the others said they wanted to spend Christmas with their own families, apart from Vik, who was headed to Canada for ski trip with the Pack. Once we found time, the group of us who were planning on going held a mini conference in the Sidemen kitchen, and we managed to sort most of our itinerary out, plus confirming everyone who was definitely going. Simon was pretty excited about it, and his happiness seemed to emanate from him like a warm sunbeam. We all felt it, and were happy too.

"So what's everyone doing this arvo?" I asked.
"Arvo?" Frowned JJ, looking at me in amusement. "What's that?"
"Afternoon," chuckled Simon, rolling his eyes playfully at his friend. "Aussie slang, better brush up on it before travelling there, mate."
"Hey, we don't all have an interpreter with us 24/7," Jide defended himself. "But yeah, what are you guys doing this... arvo..?" I giggled at his poor attempt at an Aussie accent.
"Manny's got a date," blurted Tobi, before Manny clamped his hand over his brother's mouth.
"Oi, you're a knob head bruv, that's supposed to be a secret! Em doesn't know what we're doing yet!"
"No one's gonna tell," laughed Tobi. "We're all bros here. And sis."
"You're doing it again Tobi," I laughed.
"Hey, allow it, alright?" He grinned. "What about you, Jord? What are you up to?"
"I'm going to hang with the Mianite guys, most of them go back to America tomorrow, so we're making some IRL videos before they go home."
"Simon and I are streaming H1Z1, if anyone wants to join," said Josh.
"Nah, me and Tobi..." began Ethan.
"Tobi and I," Josh corrected him.
"Oi, shut up Josh," he complained, causing all of us to laugh. "Tobi and I are recording challenge videos. We might join later, depends how long you stream for."
"Okay," nodded Simon. "Josh let's get going now." We all gradually left the kitchen, and I followed Simon upstairs to wait until I had to leave. I pulled my phone out, as I sat down on Simon's bed, and texted Tom to see where he wanted to meet up."
"Who ya texting?" Asked Simon, breaking in on my thoughts by lying down next to me.
"Tom," I said, turning, and giving him a smile. "Aren't you streaming?"
"Yeah, in a moment. Stay safe, okay?" I frowned a little at his words.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Nothing," he shook his head.
"It's not nothing, come on," I sighed. "What, does Tom have a history that I don't know about, or something?"
"No, the opposite, actually, but that's what bothers me," he said.
"What are you trying to say?"
"I just... well you guys are so similar, he's perfect for you, Jord. I don't want you to leave me for him."
"Si, he has a girlfriend," I pointed out, with a small smile. "And I'm pretty sure you're the only perfect guy I've ever met."
"Whoa, are you okay?" He chuckled. "You just said something cheesy!" He pulled me down beside him, and pretended to check if I had a fever by feeling my forehead.
"Don't get used to it," I giggled, swatting his hand away. "Cheesy isn't my strong point, unless it's actual edible cheese."
"Well anyway, perfect doesn't exist, so your argument is invalid."
"You're my kind of perfect, that's the kind that counts, right?" He smiled a little. "Simon, I promise if anything of that nature happens, you'll be the first to know about it." I think this made him feel better, because he visibly relaxed a little.
"Okay," he nodded. "I'm sorry for freaking out, I love you Jordy."
"I love you too Simon," I said, sitting up. "Enjoy your stream today." I pressed my lips gently to his, and I felt him reach up to take my chin in his hand as we kissed.
"So," he asked, grinning. "Are you switching from H2M to Mianite season 2?"
"That's actually closer to the truth than I'm prepared to say," I admitted, with a laugh. "The server is way better, honestly, but it's about who you record with, innit?"
"You got that one right," he nodded, laughing too. "Well, maybe you'll be best friends forever with these guys. Hope you have fun today too."
"I will," I smiled. "Better get going, I'll see you when I get back."

A/N: DISCLAIMER :)
I just want to say that someone read a bit of my story (a British someone) and was like 'that's not Aussie slang we say that too'
If that's the case I'm sorry, maybe it's certain parts of Britain or something, because I have a friend who's British and I'm using instances that have come up in our conversation (eg. Apparently you don't use Arvo to mean afternoon? I said that to her and she was like dude you're making up words) 

So yeah, hopefully that makes sense:)

K thnx Bai <3