Chapter 45: Christmas Morning

Christmas, noun.
It means giving generously, and receiving graciously, cookies and chocolate, and milo and coffee, and time spent with all the people you love. No wonder everybody likes Christmas.

Chapter forty five: Christmas Morning
December 25th, I awoke to a familiar pair of soft blue eyes mere inches from my own. Simon appeared as if he'd only just awoken as well, but as soon as he saw I was awake, he moved closer, and pressed his lips to mine.
"Hi," I smiled.
"Guess what day it is?" He asked quietly. I was still half asleep, but functioning well enough to be sarcastic.
"Australia Day?"
"Ha. Funny. No."
"Easter?"
"Three strikes and you're gone," he smirked.
"Oh really?" I laughed quietly. "Gone where?"
"I'll push you out of bed."
"No you won't," I said, struggling to pull my arms out of his embrace, so I could wrap them around him.
"Well? You got one more try?" He giggled.
"You're cute," I said, smiling at his giggling, and poking him on the nose.
"That's also wrong, but I'm open to bribes," he shrugged.
"Wow, you ain't loyal," I stated. I rolled over, and faced the wall.
"Oi, you take that back," he complained.
"Nope," I said.
"Fine, I'll have to make you," he said, sitting up a little. He placed one hand either side of my head, looking down at me with a smirk. He knew, by this time, what worked with me, and I definitely had a weakness for his smile. I knew him well enough, however, to know he would be incredibly frustrated if I ignored him - it was very easy to stir him up that way, I'd done it before. So I shut my eyes, and pretended to go back to sleep.
"It's cheating if you don't look at me, Jordyn," he stated. I was tempted to reply, but didn't. "Come on, I know you wanted to give me a smart ass comeback then." I was silent, apart from pretending to snore a little, and breathing deeply as if I was asleep.. He sighed dramatically. "Wow, I'm actually offended that you think I'm that stupid. I know you're not asleep." I couldn't help smiling at this. He was already getting semi annoyed. "Ha, gotcha, I see that smile!" He kissed me again, and I couldn't help kissing back.
"You are such high maintenance, you know that, right?" I murmured against his lips. I blinked my eyes open, and smiled at him.
"Says you," he retorted.
"You're worse than me," I said. He rolled his eyes playfully.
"Whatever. Merry Christmas, Jord."
"Same to you," I replied. "I got you a present, but it's out under the tree, so you'll have to wait till later to open it."
"Same for me," he said. "What's the time now?"
"It's like 8am," I said. "We can stay in bed for a while, my parents make Christmas breakfast together, but it won't be ready until 9."
"Sounds good," Simon nodded, lying down beside me again. I cuddled into him, and I felt him wrap his arms around me. After a while, we both went back to sleep.

"I'm genuinely struggling to move," groaned Josh. "That food was amazing, but I ate so much of it!"
"Thanks so much Nat," grinned Tobi. "And James as well, you guys are great cooks!" The boys were by this time, of course, on first name basis with my parents.
"You're welcome, hun, its great to have you guys here," smiled my mum happily, and my dad nodded.
"Presents now?" I asked, grinning.
"Yeah, Behz, I can't wait til you open your present from me," laughed JJ.
"He's been saying that all morning," commented Simon. "Behz, you should be worried."
"Oh, I'm very worried," Ethan laughed. We all crowded into the living room, where we'd set up the tree. There was a mountain of odd looking shapes covered in wrapping paper, and we almost didn't know where to begin.
"Jordyn, you can do the honours," my dad smiled. "Hand them out one by one, we can watch them all being opened."
"Okay," I nodded, going to sit on Simon's lap, as he sat right beside the tree with his legs crossed. "Here we go."

A/N: next chapter will be longer, but this was the only logical break :)

K thnx Bai :)