Chapter 20: What Happened at Gamescom

Betrayal, abstract noun.
When someone gets close enough to you that they can actually grab a piece of your trust and break it. The closer the person, the bigger the break.

Chapter twenty: What happened at Gamescom
My feet dragged as I walked up the stairs to Simon's room. When I entered, he was lying on his bed, looking at his phone. I flopped down next to him, and sighed.
"Are you okay? What happened?" He asked.
"Can you explain guys to me? Coz I don't get it." He smiled, and pocketing his phone, he turned to look at me.
"Why? What now?"
"My thick headed brother has told all his friends what happened to me at Gamescom," I said. "Like, what possible motive could he have for that? I'm trying to escape what's happened in the past, and he's gotta go and bring it up again. And you should have seen the looks they gave me. I don't want everybody to see me as some kid who can't look after herself." We were both quiet for a while. I felt Simon take my hand, and hold it tightly, which was becoming a familiar gesture.
"It's okay," he said. "Your brother's opinion of you is not what the rest of us think. Anyone who thinks you're weak and pathetic can't see who you really are." Again, we were quiet. Simon deserved to know what happened then, of all people. I decided it was time to tell him.

"It was about week before Gamescom, and I was with Vik and Lachlan," I began. "We were wandering around the city, trying to find somewhere to have lunch, as none of us were particularly good with our German, you know how Gamescom is in Germany." Simon nodded, and I continued. "Well, that was when we first bumped into him. He seemed like a great guy at the time, although looking back he was almost sickly sweet. But at sixteen, I wasn't gonna notice that, was I. Plus, he was gorgeous. So he came to lunch with us, turns out Vik knew him already, apparently you guys had met him before at a party. We got talking, and we seemed to have so much in common. I think we ended up dating within about three days, and it was his idea not to tell anyone, because since we were both youtubers we could do a collaboration video, and surprise everybody. So only Vik and Lachlan knew we were dating. Vik thought we were cute together, but Lachlan never trusted him. This didn't mean much to me, because he was always suspicious of any guy who ever showed any interest in me. But this time he happened to be right."

I paused, to catch my train of thought, which had run away without me, as usual. Simon waited patiently for me to continue, and eventually, I did.
"On about the second day of Gamescom, Vik and Lachlan had to go to a Pack meet and greet, so they left me with you and Josh, do you remember?"
"Yeah, I think so," nodded Simon.
"Well, we hadn't seen 'him' all day, but he turned up now, and wanted me to go and play some games with him. I convinced you guys to let me go by myself, so it wasn't your fault, but Lachlan blames it all on you, and by extension the rest of the Sidemen. Anyway, he kept checking his phone, and then he left, saying he had to go to the bathroom. When he didn't come back for ages, I went to go find him. He was in a deserted hall, with this red haired chick, and he was all over her. So I yelled at him. He just kinda turned and looked at me, and then he told the other girl to go, so she did. So we started arguing, and he said she came onto him, although it was pretty obvious that wasn't the case. He eventually admitted he only wanted me so he could grow his YouTube fame, and then threatened me if I told anyone. I obviously didn't agree to that, so he beat me up. And that's when Josh found me."
"He beat you up!" Repeated Simon, incredulously. "Josh better have dealt with him."
"He did," I smiled, remembering.
"Where the hell was I?" Asked Simon. "Oh yeah, I went to look for Vik and your brother. Damn them!" Simon actually looked pretty angry, and it almost made me forget my problems and smile. "Wait," continued Simon. "So Lachlan took off to go find you, and by the time Vik and I got there it was just you, Josh, and your brother, and you gave us some excuse about you tripped on the wet floor in the bathroom or something. Oh my gosh, you're not even clumsy, how did I buy that?"
"Well, you did," I stated. "And so did all the others. But I couldn't ruin the friendship you guys had with this guy, you were all starting to become pretty close friends with him. So it ended with my brother shipping me back to Australia, and telling my parents what had happened so they'd make me stay there."
"You know, it's understandable, how he reacted, right?" Said Simon. "I'd freak if I had a sister and that happened to her." I nodded.
"That's why I decided Lachlan was better at making decisions than I was, and I let him boss me around for so long," I said. Simon shook his head.
"I can't believe he beat you up, what kind of guy would do that?" We were silent for a few moments.
"Jordy?"
"Yeah?"
"It wasn't a sideman, was it?"
"No," I shook my head. " I would have told you." He visibly sighed in relief.
"Those guys are like brothers to me."
"I know Simon," I said. "To me as well." I felt him unconsciously tracing patterns on my hand that he was holding. I sighed, knowing what he was waiting for me to say, but was unwilling to push for it.
"It was Joe Weller."

A/N: sorry, I really like Joe but my other alternative was one of the Cal's or Caspar Lee, and all of them are either too close to her in the story, or too far away from the Sidemen. Like, I was worried some of you might not know who Joe was, let alone Caspar. Anyway hope u enjoyed k thnx Bai <3

(Note written much later: OH MY GOSH I just re-read one of the previous chapters where they do the impersonations challenge and they did Joe Weller and talked about how funny he was... That was before I'd decided Joe was gonna be her ex, if anyone else noticed that IM SORRY hahaha xD)