Chapter 53: Getting Some Vitamin D

Secrets, noun.
I've always hated them. Even nice ones. And I think part of that comes from my struggle to ever take a compliment or know how to accept a gift. I just wish I wasn't so awkward about it.

Chapter fifty three: Getting some Vitamin D
Despite the fact that I was loving Mianite, everything else seemed to me to have a depressing shadow cast over it. I missed basketball, and I missed being able to cheer, and seeing the others going off to practice, I'll admit, was a little heartbreaking. I tried not to show it, not wanting them to feel bad. I know they did notice a little, that I was feeling pretty down, and they did their best to comfort me, each in their own way. However, they had their own busy lives too, and I refused to allow my temporary setback to have a negative affect on them.

"You need to get out more, Jordy," said Preston one day, looking at me over the top of his takeaway pizza.
"What do you mean?" I asked him.
"When you nod your head yes, but you wanna say..."
"Lachlan, shut it mate," Preston interrupted his friend's song, with a laugh. "I mean, Jord, that you literally leave this place twice a week, unless you count the gym, which I don't, for the record. I get that you can't easily get around, with your leg and all, but..." he broke off, unsure how to complete his sentence.
"Well, that's just it, it's too hard," I sighed.
"The old you wouldn't have said that," said Preston. I stared at him.
"What?"
"Well when I say old, I mean before you hurt yourself. C'mon girl, get off your butt. Are you really gonna let a broken leg break your will to get up and go?" I couldn't help smiling at him, and even Lachlan smiled.
"Woah Preston, those were some deep words right there," he stated.
"I get you," I said. "But it's easier said than done, you do realise that, right?"
"You know what?" Said Lachlan, before Preston could answer. "I have an idea. Preston, let's talk this out elsewhere."
"Hey! Can't I hear the idea?" I complained.
"I have to finish my pizza," added Preston, in protest.
"Well hurry up. This is top secret," grinned Lachlan. "And no Jord, you don't get to know." I huffed, and pretended to glare at the two of them, as they left the room. I finished off my pizza, and then made my slow and unsteady way to my room to Skype with Simon.

This big idea of Lachlan's continued to be talked of, although I still had no clue as to what it actually was. The two of them told Meah about it, and soon the three of them were plotting away whenever I was out of earshot. One day, when I was steaming Mianite, Meah burst into the room. She seemed a little surprised to see me there, and after saying hi to the stream, left, but I couldn't help being suspicious. Tom, Jordan and I had teamed up today to take on as many Twilight Forest bosses as we could. Playing with the two of them made me realise why Jordan chose to follow Ianite, the goddess of balance and justice - he was literally like a pair of scales, and whilst Tom tore through the boss battles, killing and looting, Jordan swung to his more quiet side, stopping to admire the structures, and attempting to check Tom's more wild ideas, exactly as if he as trying to restore balance. As a Dianitee myself, the Twilight Forest seemed to be about as chaotic as a Dianitee could dream for, and when I wasn't laughing at Jordan's attempts to restore balance, I was more than happy to join Tom in his path of destruction.

What was all that about?" Asked Jordan, having heard some of the commotion when Meah came in, through our team-speak chat.
"Oh," I said, "Meah just came in to say hi, although I think she had ulterior motives. She seemed surprised that I was here and then just left, so I don't know what she actually wanted."
"Well, we are steaming earlier than normal," said Jordan.
"Wait," said Tom, "what do you mean, ulterior motives?"
"Well Meah Lachlan and Preston have got some super secret plan to resurrect me from my state of apathy, I can only assume it was something to do with that."
"Oh, I get it," smiled Jordan. "Hey, if they want to, let 'em. Why don't you come over here for the day, and leave them to plot in peace?"
"That might not be a bad ide-Oh! Tom, look out!"
"This Lich King is a pain in the butt," grumbled Tom, and I watched as he dodged out of the way of one of the flying books, which were called Death Totes, apparently.  (A/N: media has Lich King on the right, death tote on the left, for those wondering what the hell I'm on about haha)
"Just wants to give you knawladge, bruh," I laughed.
"Well, take that, knawladge," said Jordan, coming up behind the book, and attacking it. "There we go," he said, as it disintegrated.
"Now we focus the king," I said. "And Tom, for pity's sake be careful, if you die it sets us back ages."
"Yeah yeah, I know," chuckled Tom.
"Jordyn can I expect you at the beach near my house shortly after this stream?" Asked Jordan.
"Um, sand? Plus a cast? I don't think so!"
"Okay, fine, the grassed area above the beach. Does that suit you?"
"Sounds good to me," I smiled. "Why do you wanna go to the beach so bad, anyway?"
"Um, have you not been outside today? It's a beautiful day!"
"The sun is up, the birds are smiling," I completed the song for him.
"Well, have you?" He smiled.
"I actually haven't," I admitted.
"No, and you need to," he stated. "Get some vitamin D, girl." Tom chuckled quietly at us, as he focussed on the game.
"Can I just say it's cold and rainy out my window right now?" He laughed.
"Oh, I know about good 'Ol English weather," I groaned. "You don't need to tell me!"
"Glad I don't live in that miserable place," said Jordan.
"Hey!" Protested Tom. "Oh... dammit, I died!"
"Tom!" I yelled at him playfully.
"I'm sorry, okay?" He giggled. "I'll make my way back. Grab my stuff for me."
"Wait...Jordan? I've just remembered I can't drive, can you pick me up here?" I asked, as I headed, within the game, towards where Tom had just died.
"Oh right, sure, I forgot that too," Jordan nodded. "I'll see you soon, I guess."

A/N: go contribute to the character contest on the authors note before this chapter if you haven't already:) I'll let you know who I've chosen just before I need to incorporate them into the story.
ALSO
sorry the sidemen and especially Simon are not featured a lot in a lot of these chapters :( they'll be back soon I promise!

K thnx Bai! Xoxo