Part 22

Randhir sat slumped on his sofa , replaying Friday night's disastrous date in his head while toying with an unlit cigarette.
'Bloody hell , I was a total mess' , he said to himself shoving the cigarette back into its pack .
'What I really need to feel human again is a shower and a shave'...he said looking at himself in the mirror.

After a while he got busy in the kitchen trying to cook the lunch...' Huh-Who the bloody hell I thought I am??? Sanjeev Kapoor ????'- he said as he looked at the burnt biryani. The parathas resembled the map of all countries in the world. The mint chutney had too much of vinegar and the Palak paneer was too spicy to be swallowed by a human. He threw all of it in the dust-bin , pulled out his phone from his back pocket and dialled a number....
" Hello ... Zafraan Restaurant ??
Yes.. I'd like to place an order  please----"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wow Randhir, the food was awesome"
Sanyukta chipped while helping him clear the dishes after lunch.

"Thanks but I wasn't the one who made it. Though I actually tried making it but it's unfortunately lying there in the dustbin", he pouted and they both laughed hard .

Randhir kept on looking at her while she was still laughing . She sounded so much like her daughter , he grinned and relaxed .

They were working side by side looking at Rimi out of the window.
Sanyukta smiled looking at Rimi playing with Poggy. She had never seen her daughter so happy.

"Listen-", said Randhir at last knowing he had to broach the subject while he had the chance,"Whatever happened the other night--- or rather what didn't happen , I don't want you to think that I'm not interested.. "

He put the plates on its rack without taking his eyes off her....He leaned in towards her for the long awaited kiss. Her lips were soft and perfectly fitted beneath his. She parted them giving him the access---
"I didn't see you wipe the plate with a towel before you put them in the rack ", said a sing song child's voice near the door ." Mummy always wipes them before she places it on the rack"
Randhir sprang back, "Oh-Shhitt".
"Oh Crrrapp", chipped an embarrassed Sanyukta .
"Do you have any sugar lumps to feed the pony??? It's finally here ...I'm going to call it 'TUFAAN'..",chipped Rimi with excitement .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ishika stood gazing at hall through the living room. Funny the house didn't seem this empty on a weekday ,when Sanyukta was at work and Rimi was at school. Probably because she hadn't gone out today being a weekend and her day off ...

She sighed lifting the voile curtains an inch or so to look outside. A car had been parked in front of the house.
A Mercedes, she observed in a gorgeous metallic maroon colour. She couldn't see the face of the driver clearly. After a few minutes a young man with broad shoulders , wearing blue t- shirt and white tailored jacket climbed out. He was wearing dark shades which made him look more handsome. He crossed the road with his hand tucked in the pocket of his jeans. Standing in front of the church which was exactly opposite, he seemed to stare at their house. The stranger glanced all around the place and crossed the road again. He disappeared from view and a minute later the car drove off..

Ishika twiddled a spiral of hair around her finger..Perhaps , she speculated , the mystery man had knocked the cottage next door and no one had been in. Perhaps, he was lost. ....Perhaps , he was looking for a picturesque church for his wedding . Perhaps ...perhaps ..perhaps .. She pouted wistfully , wishing he had knocked on her door or rather Sanyukta's technically..He looked like the kind of guy , a girl would happily take under her wings.. Giggling , she flopped on the sofa feeling more cheerful as she reached for the T.v remote....

**************************************************************************

Hey guys ,
Here's another part for you all.
So ??? Any guesses who the mystery man is???? Keep reading to find out the answers.

Happy reading