Part 43

Sanyukta was in the hall lying on her sofa. She wasn't feeling well lately. She was staring at the ceiling and was lost in her own thoughts, when she heard the doorbell ring.
"Damn.. Is Rehan early again???", she groaned.Rimi was getting dressed upstairs, while Ishika was taking a shower.Sanyukta didn't had much choice,she pulled herself up on her feet and walked towards the front door to answer it.
It wasn't Rehan.
She froze in shock at the sight of Randhir standing on her doorstep.

"Can I.....", he asked hesitantly.

Coming out of shock, she moved back a step to let him in.

"I have a meeting with a client at the near by Restaurant... I was just passing by..", he tried to explain

"Right.."

"They called up and said , they will be late ....."

"Right", said Sanyukta again, wondering where her ability to form intellectual speech had vanished. She had been using it an hour ago, on the phone to her sister.

"So, I just thought of saying 'Hi' to you ."

"Tea??", she mumbled.

Randhir shook his head." No thanks, I don't want anything". He paused for a while and chipped hesitantly,
"I....err..I ac...actually  wanted to speak to you".

She was about to mumble 'Right' for the third time, but changed it to
"Really??" at the last moment.

She gestured towards the living room and said, " Come inside".
That was better, two words in succession.

"Right". It was Randhir's turn to be unoriginal this time. He sat on the edge of the sofa, his fingers nervously playing with his keys.
Sanyukta settled on an arm chair opposite to him with panic setting in...

'Why is he here now??? What does he want??? Has he guessed??? How could he???'

"The thing is...I've been vowing to myself to come and see you but I've been quite busy.....".
He stopped and pulled a face as if disgusted with himself.
"No forget that... It's crap.. I could have found time .But I was too....stubborn? Or may be Angry?? I don't know.
And then today,sitting in the car staring at your house across the street, I realised that if I don't do it now, there's a possibility that I would never..

Sanyukta didn't know what was he talking about...Shiver ran down her spine anticipating things.

"I see", she breathed not knowing what she would say to him...

"Its something Tanya said.....", he was mumbling on.

"Tanya??", Sanyukta frowned.

"My sister-in-law..., Parth's wife??"

"Oh.. Okay??"

"About not letting my defences enough.. That I've been so busy in getting close to you that I didn't actually let you get close to me... Do you understand what I mean??"

Sanyukta nodded. But again shook her head. "Not Really"

"Well,Sanyukta I owe you the truth about myself... After everything that happened between us,I feel you ought to know Who -- What --I really am."

He paused for a while taking a deep breath before uttering,
"I am the son of Harshvardhan Shekhawat, the founder and co-owner of Malhotra and Shekhawat Design Agency ...which is now famous as the
'M & S Corporate Designs' "