Part 27

There was a tall woman standing at the door. She was slim and had a perfect hour glass figure. She looked like Miss India from a beauty pageant, except that she wasn't wearing a swimsuit or an evening gown. She wore a white tank top and blue denim which clung to her slender legs like a second skin. She wore dark shades . Her hair were open and fell almost to her waist in shiny brown ripples.
"I'm sorry ", said Miss India. " I didn't mean to interrupt ".

"To hell with you....", chipped Randhir.

"You should have told me you were entertaining someone Ron".

"I did .... I told you I was busy ", hissed Randhir in irritation.

Miss India came towards the couch and held out her hand to Sanyukta.
"Hi I'm Vidhushi Kumar, you can call me Vidz if you like. You must be ......."

"On my way out......", said Sanyukta picking her bag which was lying on the couch.

"No you won't....", said Randhir grabbing her hand with one hand and buttoning his shirt with the other.

"Goodbye Randhir ", she said freeing herself from his grip and strode away quickly out of the main door.

"Sanyukta wait .....please listen to me ..", he ran after her closing the door behind him.

"Sanyukta...", he finally got hold of her arm and turned her around towards him.
"Listen to me once ...please", he said looking at her with pleading eyes.

"I don't think there's anything left to listen or talk about"-

"I'm sorry about Vidz. She called me up this afternoon and told me that she missed me and wanted to talk things over. But I told her that I'm busy and not interested. ", he continued,
"I assume she dropped in to see who am busy with misusing the spare key which I had given her back then"

"Well.., on a second thought, I think she saved us from making a stupid mistake. It's better that you talk over with her and clear it off coz I remember how upset you were when you told me about her. And moreover I can't keep you hanging till Rimi comes to terms with meeting Rehan "

"Sanyukta...I told you , I will wait ...."

"There's a beautiful woman out there, sitting in your living room who claims to love you and miss you .......I'm sorry , I cant afford to complicate things and confuse Rimi more. Therefore, I ...", a lump formed in her throat, as she was about to say. "I've got to make a clean break of it for all our sakes"

"Crap", he spat back . "You just can't dump me and run away like this."

"I've got to put my daughter first.Theres no negotiating when it comes to Rimi. You won't understand until you are a parent ", her eyes were flooded with tears..
"Goodbye Randhir"

She turned to her heels and walked as fast as her knees allowed her without turning her back . She couldn't hold back her tears anymore which were storming out of her eyes. She just wanted to get home and hide under her blanket . She knew that there's nothing that can pacify her right now. No amount of tea or wine or even cuddles from Rimi could suppress the gloom rushing up inside her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Few days later....

"Mummy, ... Are we going to Randhir uncle's house today ? It's Sunday and I really miss Poggy and TUFAAN."
Rimi looked up at her mom, who was in front of the mirror applying fleshy coloured makeup under her eyes trying to blend it in. She looked as if she had been crying.

"No sweetheart, not today"-

"But it's a Sunday and we go there on every Sunday. I really miss his jokes. ", she paused for a while and then chipped " Did you and Randhir uncle had a fight???"

Sanyukta didn't know what to answer. She knew this would come up .
"N - No, nothing like that . Its just ......we both are busy with our work." She paused for a while and chipped,
"Rimi...we are going out for lunch today. It's not just you and me. We are going out with someone else "

"Who?", the little girl frowned.

"Do you remember I told you that your daddy lives far away ????"

"Yes"

"Well..he's back in India now and he came to talk to me a week ago, to tell me that he wants to see you and meet you...... It was on that day when Ishika took you to Mc Donald's for lunch.??"

"Oh ... Did that Big Maroon Mercedes belong to him??"

"Is he going to live with us???"

"No darling. But he's back in India for good now and he won't be staying far away from here. He wants to get to know you . How do you feel about that??"

"Will he take me to the movies and buy me ice-cream like Randhir uncle does??"

"I suppose he will, if you ask him to...."

"I'll remember to say 'PLEASE' ..", she reached out her mother's hand . It felt cold. "Are you okay Mummy ?"

"Yes...", her eyes looked watery." I'm perfectly fine. I just want you to be happy."

"But I don't like it when you are sad Mummy .", the little girl chipped.

"I'm not.", her mother wrapped her up in a big cuddle."I'm just a bit tired"

"Maybe daddy can give you some money so you don't have to work hard"- Rimi chipped innocently.
Sanyukta didn't say anything, she just hugged her tighter.

**************************************************************************
Hey guys,
Here's the nxt part of this story. Do tell me your views about it. Hope you all are liking this story.
Please vote and leave your feedback guys. Specially my silent readers. Guys, I really need to know whether I'm making it boring.
Happy Reading.