One

Tyler's POV......

Beep....Beep....Beep

My phone's alarm kept going off and the dogs were barking. I looked at the phone which read eight am. I got up and stretched my arms. I pulled my covers off and got up to open my doors. Marshal and Cash ran into the room and I bent down to kiss them.
After that I went to the bathroom to start my day.

After a hot shower, I was changed into a dark maroon v neck, black jeans and black sneakers. I made sure I had my wallet, phone and snap back. I sprayed some Cologne, then ran down stairs. The dogs quickly followed me behind and then ran outside once I opened the sliding door.

I made sure to poured water and food into their bowls, then poured myself a bowl of cereal. I checked the clock again which read eight fifty now. I dropped the bowl into the sink and whistled the boys to come inside.

Once all the doors and windows are locked. I kissed the boys goodbye and then made my way to my range rover. I made sure I had my bag in the back. I hoped inside the car and started my way to Dr.Pepper arena.

I turned the radio on and every song seemed to annoy me or reminded me of her.
I had enough and just turned the dam thing off.
I let a deep sighed go and my mind went back to her.

"Derick and I are happy to announce that we are expecting! Baby Brassard will make his debut in late November or early December" was the caption on Nina's picture which was her sonogram picture.

I just came back home from Paris after winning worlds for Canada. I haven't really heard anything from in a while. But that was normal because she was busy with the New York Rangers. But we always kept in touch.

I never admitted it to her but I am madly in love with Nina Coronel. I have given her hints threw out of the years. She always flirted back a bit but when ever she was in a serious relationship, she told me that she liked me as a friend. I respect her, so I never tried anything. I always waited patiently for my chance to steal her away.

Nina Coronel is the most beautiful, Intelligent and strong woman. She never took shit from anyone. I guess that's one reason I started to
Like her. She was one of my first friends in Dallas besides Jamie. She never judged me or believed the rumors that followed me from Boston.

She gave me a chance to be the man that I am. Even though I did try multiple times try to get into her pants. She always denied me and if I was wrong or did something wrong she always put me in place.

Then she left and went to team to team. But we always remained close. During the off season we would make plans to meet up. But things change as soon as she went back home. She fell in love with some one and is now expecting a child with that person.

My heart broke and I spiraled out of control this summer. I was busy partying it in LA for a whole week and then went back to Toronto with Michael Del Zotto. We rented a house with a bunch of friends. We were always drinking and hooking up with random girls. We spent a weekend in Vegas, which I blacked out. Luckily the press didn't get word of it.  

After Mama Seguin yelled at me for my actions. I went back to Dallas and started to train for the up and coming season. I detox for about month and just prepared myself.

A loud beep awoke me from my thoughts and I continued driving. The arena came into view and I pulled into a spot. I got out and grabbed my bags. Jamie's truck pulled right next to mine. I waited for him patiently.

"Seggy! Ready for our first practice of the season!" He said with a goofy smile.
"Yes, I am actually"

We both hugged each other and then started to make our way inside.
"How are you doing?" He asked.
"I am alright, happy to be back. You? How's those new hips?"
"Amazing! The doctors and the help from Nina  really helped me"

My heart skipped a beat again.
"Tyler?"
"Huh? Oh yea I'm happy for you"

He gave a weird look and I just continued walking to the locker room.

..........,

"Nice practice boys! Same time tomorrow!" Lindy yelled before leaving the locker room.

A sat on the bench and took a long sip from my water bottle. Michael the new PR came inside and walked toward me.
"Hey Tyler, the press wants an interview"
"Okay, give me a few minutes and then I will Happy to answer questions"
"Okay thank you" he said while walking away.

I nodded and wiped the sweat of my face. I took deep breaths and closed my eyes for a second.
Once I was relaxed, Michael let the press in and I started to answer questions.

................

I said goodbye to the boys and started to walk out.
I passed by the offices, until one girl cut me off.
"Nina?" I said as a lighter brunette walked infront me.

The girl stopped and turned around to face me.
My heart stopped and saw this girl with the same features as her. Expect this girl had light brown eyes, was a bit taller then Nina, and had  highlights in her hair. There was no tattoos on this girl.

"Excuse me?" The girl asked.
"I am sorry I thought you were a girl that I know"
"How do you know my cousin?" She asked before another voice came next to us.
"Leah, wait a minute!" Michael yelled.

She gave him a smile which was exactly as Nina's."Cousin?" Was the only thought in my head.

"Oh hey Tyler, this is Leah Coronel. She's our new PR representative" Michael said as he stood next to us.

"Nice to meet you Tyler" she said with a smirk and had her hand out.

"Nice to meet you too" I said confused and shook her hand. I stood there watching them walk away.

"Seggy!!!!" Jamie yelled and I turned around to him.
"What's up?" I asked.
"Do you wanna grab lunch with me, Jordie, Sharpy and Demmers?" He asked.
"Yea sure, where?"
"Libertines, are you ok? You look like you saw a ghost?" He asked.
"Yea, I am fine. I will see you guys there"

We both hugged each other and walked away. I am happy that Jamie didn't pressure asking me more questions.
"Cousin? What the the fuck" I said to myself I walked out.

.............

Hey guys! Here's a little Chapter that I had been in my head for awhile. I promise to continue to working on Meant To Be before I continue on with this.

Love you guys!

-v