Thirty One

Tyler's POV.....

"Alright Tyler, what are you going to be write on the cardboard?" William asked:
"You will see in a minute" I said while talking the sharpie and wrote quickly.
William told me where to stand and when to hold up my cardboard. He went behind the Camera and Focused the lenses.
"One...two...three"
I quickly flipped over the cardboard and smiled.
"That's beautiful Tyler" William said to me.
"Thank you, I mean it"

A week later.....

Today is the last home game for a bit. We are going to be all up the east coast next week. Which means Leah's gets to go back home. I am a bit nervous because I get to meet her parents and her other brother. I also get to meet baby Lex and actually see Nina. It's going to be a pretty emotional week. Especially since it's going to be Valentine's Day, when we are in New York. I have the whole day planned for Leah and I.

We end our trip in Florida, where I get to see Mama Carmen. Luckily we both met before and I know she loves me. But today is our Hockey Fights Cancer night. The whole Stadium is decorated in purple and we have a tone of special guests.
The suite I have for Tyler's stars is booked to the max. I have three lucky families staying there for the game. Leah has helped decorate the suite and made sure that there was enough swag for all three families. She's pretty excited to meet these kids and their families.
I walked into the suite and saw Leah standing up on a ladder. She was trying to place some purple stringers on the ceiling. She climbed down and didn't notice me on the room. She looked so adorable in her grey hockey fights cancer tee shirt, dark ripped skinny jeans and her Nike sneakers. She turned around and gave me a wink.
I smiled at the center of her shirt. It said I fight for "my sixteen year old self and my grandfather "

"You look beautiful" I said while pulling her to me.
"Thank you! You look quite handsome in your suit and purple tie" she said while centering it.
I lifted her chin towards mine and kissed her pretty lips.
"Thank you for helping Me" I whispered to her.
"No problem! I'm actually going to go down to the office. Lizzy and Alex will take of the rest"
"Okay, I will walk with you down"
She nodded and I helped her put the ladder way. I grabbed her free hand and we both walked down. Luckily there weren't that many fans inside here yet. But we did spot one eager ticket season holder walking to their suite.
"Tyler!" Ali's mom Jamie yelled.

This is an important event for The Nugnet family since Jamie herself is a Cancer Survivor. I waved at her and turned around to Leah.

She gave me a simple nodded and kissed my cheek.
I let go of her hand and she walked down while I walked over to the Jamie.

"Jamie, its nice to see you" I said while walking toward her.
She turned around and showed me the name she was wearing. Which happens to be my nick name "Segs"
"You have always being one of number one fans" I said to her.
"Ha you know it! I miss having you around" she said after pulling me to a hug.
"Yea, its been a bit crazy"
"Well of course, especially when you have a beautiful girlfriend. What did it say on her shirt?" She asked curiously.
"I fight for my sixteen year old self and grandfather " I said proudly.
"Is she a survivor also?"
"Yup, she has been in remission for about four years now"
"Good for her, I would love to meet her. I know my daughter and husband has caused her a lot of problems lately. I am truly sorry for the way they both behaved"
" I will see if Leah would come up after she meets the families in my suite" I said.
"Of course, you make me proud"
"Mom" Ali said while walking out of the suite. She stopped and hesitated a bit.

"I will be there in a minute hun" Jamie said to her.

Ali just nodded her head and walked back inside. I hugged Jamie and continued walking to the locker room. The room was filled with the color purple and everyone was excited about today. I was extremely early and had enough time to change into my workout gear.