Thirty Six

Tyler's POV...

We both stood there frozen and so many emotions were going through my mind.

"Hey Nina, its good to see you" I finally said.
"Aha, sure" she said as she crossed her arms.
"Look I am sorry for freezing up on you like that in the suite"
"Tyler, I have no problem with you. You were one of my closest friends and I loved you with all my heart. I know you grew feelings and I broke your heart. But I didn't mean to intentionally. I gave you your Space And you were the one who FaceTime me. We both apologized and moved on. At least I thought we did, but you're dating my cousin now. We are Going to be seeing a lot of each other. If you're not comfortable, just let me know now. I will do my best to keep a distance" she said in a stern voice.

I let out a sigh and looked at her eyes.
"Nina, I am sorry. I thought we could just go back to being friends. But a piece of me is heart broken"

"Say no more. Just promise to make my cousin happy" with that she walked passed me.

"God damn it" I yelled to myself and shook my head.

I took a deep breath and walked up to the suite. The room was way crowded after I left it. I looked around the room and saw Leah in the corner talking to a familiar person.

She looked up and smiled at me "hey babe"
I gave her a small smile and the person next to her turned around. My smile disappeared when they turned around.

"Hey Tyler, how are you doing?" Derick said while holding a sleepy Lexington.
"Hey, what are you doing over here from Ottawa?" I said as I got closer to them.

"My team is playing here on Friday and I asked Boucher if i can travel down a day early. Which is why I am here" he said.

I nodded and wrapped my arms around Leah's waist. The door opened again and Derick got up.

"If you will excuse me" he said while walking away from us.

I turned around and saw him walking towards Nina. Her eyes was open and she was a bit in shock. He kissed her lips and the pulled away. She had a huge smile and her eyes was filled with lust.

"Earth to Tyler, earth to Tyler" I heard Leah say.

I shook my head and looked over at her "yeah?"
"Are you okay?" She asked.
"Yea, sorry I was dozing off"

She just nodded and we made our way to her family. One by one they all left, and Jamie came up to get Kate. He was a bit shocked that Derick was in the room. They both talked a bit, while the girls talked too. I remained quite and just nodded my head. I left like I was trapped in this room and I couldn't breath. I quickly walked out and laid my back against the wall. I took deep breaths and tried to calm myself down.

"You okay?" Michael asked.

I looked over and just nodded.
"Nina?" He asked.

I nodded again" how are you doing it?"
"What? Act like nothing is wrong?"
"Yea?"
"I am not okay, I am just keeping it in. She broke my heart too"

I completely forgot that they dated for a bit before she got with Derick. This must not be easy for him either.

"But you're dating Ryan"
"Yea and I am madly in love with her too. This whole day is Killing me but I keep telling myself that I have Ryan back home. That what I had with Nina was special but she wasn't the one for Me. Just keep telling yourself that"

He patted my back and walked into the suite. A tool another breath and Leah walked out.

"Hey, let's get out of here"she said while grabbing my hand.
"What about diner with your brother?"
"I told him to deal with the fact that we are dating and that you're not really feeling well" she said with a smile.
"Okay but I must say bye to your parents"