Fourty Four

Leah's POV....

"It's the freaking weekend baby, I'm about to have me some fun!" I sung along in Devin's car.

He let out a laugh and smiled at road ahead of us. We have been getting to know each other a lot these past few weeks and sending a lot of time with one another. He's a complete on 180 from Tyler. Devin is a successful twenty eight yr old and is actually part owner of Saint Anne's. He bartends time to time because he misses being a bartender.

It's exciting getting to know someone new. I am always smiling and laughing when I am around him. Which I haven't felt in awhile and it doesn't hurt that the girls love him.

After media break up day and tying loose ends. I was relieved of my duties with the Stars for the summer. I didn't really have a big birthday celebration that day. The boys were completely heartbroken and so was I.  But its the weekend and Jamie really wanted everyone together and throw me a birthday party.

I was a bit spectacle about it, mostly because Jamie, Kate and I cleared the air. But with the help of Ryan, Christina and Jackie, they convinced me. Devin pulled into Jamie's drive way. There were many familiar cars parked all around the street.

Devin got out of the car first and then walked over to my side. He opened my door and helped me out. I thanked him and he pulled me close to him. He looked down with his gorgeous brown eyes and placed a loose hair behind my ear.

"You look incredible tonight" he whispered.
"Thank you"

He placed his lips on mine and I leaned back on his pick up truck. His kisses are rough but a touch of sweetness. We pulled away and he held his hand out for me.  I grabbed it and walked towards the backyard. The music was getting loud and we heard a lot of laughter. Devin opened the gate and I walked in.

People realized that I walked in and they cheered and got loud. I blushed a bit and started to hug everyone. The backyard looked amazing with barrels and random hay. There was also Christmas white lights all around the back yard and some were pulled into the middle like a Pyramid. There were Panic tables set around every where with red and white table cloths.

I looked up and saw the birthday banner with my name on it. I was falling in love with the Country theme. Ryan was hanging out by the "saloon" with Michael. She looked up and ran to me when saw me.

"Happy Birthday Princess!" She yelled and pulled me into a hug.
"Thank you! You guys did an incredible job!"
"Thank you! Anything for our bestie!"

We hugged again and I went to say hi to the rest of my friends. I saw Kate and Jamie by the grill and I walked over.

"Aha! Happy Birthday Girl!" Kate yelled.

I let out a laugh and hugged them both. Devin was behind me and did the same thing.

"Thank you so much for Doing all of this" I said.
"Of course, anything for the girl that we love" Jamie said.
"Come on, let's get you guys drinks" Kate said.

Devin stayed behind to talk more with Jamie and I followed Kate. We walked over to the "saloon" and she poured me sweet tea. Which was marker mark whiskey and ice tea mix. It looked so cute in the custom mason jar. I grabbed a beer for Devin and then walked back to the guys.I handed the beer to Devin and he gave me a kiss as a thank you.

"Looks like you guys are good?" Kate said with a smile.
"Yea, just taking it extra slow. I mean we are just chilling and spending a lot of time together" I said with smile.
"Well I am glad that you're happy"
"Thank you"

I looked over at the crowd and had a huge smile on my face. Everyone that cares and love me are here.

....