Fourth Five

Leah's POV.....

A month later..

Summer is here the obnoxious hot Dallas weather was in effect. Most of the guys are gone and went back home for the summer. The office is locked up and my little team went on to their separate ways. Michael is still in the area working for the Texan Rangers for the summer. I see him a lot around the house, he practically lives with me and Ryan.

William is busy traveling around the country and taking pictures of different bands with The Vans Warped Tour. He sends me random messages letting me know that he's alive. Which I great fully appreciate it.

Jamie has been hanging out in Dallas for a bit with Kate. They both went to Vegas with the whole family for the NHL awards. Jamie was up for The Hart Memorial Trophy and The Ted Lindsay Award.  We were all rooting for him but unfortunately he came home empty handed. That made him gave motivation to work harder for next season.

I really miss all the guys and life seems a bit boring now. You think after being with a group of on and off the road for eight months, I would be happy to have the summer To myself. But I never felt so lonely.

The online and regular class have kept me busy. I Am happy to get some credits under my belt. God knows I would be too busy to able to juggle school and work at the same time.

Devin and I are doing alright. After my birthday party we decided to remain friends. He said he noticed the way Tyler would stare at us. Well especially at me. I tried to convince him that nothing was going on but he said not enough time had passed between Tyler and him. That he felt like he was rebound. It sucked but I understood where he was coming from.

Speaking of Tyler.... I haven't heard much from him after the party. Last thing I heard he had a business meeting with Van and David in New York. The meeting went so well that Tyler's line of snap backs will be sold at their Shops.

It's been a bit weird not talking to him almost everyday but it's the best. He's busy taking care of himself and I am doing the same.

Which leads me to right now, here in Toronto. The NHL officials had an orientation for the social media crew for each country. I was going to meet my new team. Once I signed in and got my name tag, I am made my down to my seat. I am surprised how smaller  Air CANADA is compared to American Airlines.  I found the section that read Team USA/Team North America and took the empty seat in that section. A few people waved over and I did the same.

"Good Morning Guys!" Gary Bettman the NHL commissioner said threw the mic.

"Good Morning!" We all yelled.

" I am so happy that most of you were able to travel up here for orientation. I know it's a bit of stretch for you folks but I truly appreciate it. So today we are going to talk a little bit on what's going weeks prior, during and after the tournament. There are eight teams playing this year including a new one. The North America Team is a combination of young players around the league twenty three and under. Its going to be a pretty exciting Tournament! So we are going to  start with a video presentation and then separate into our countries.

We all clapped and watched the presentation. Luckily it was a short one and we all followed our leaders to separate conference rooms. I didn't realize how many people were involved running all the social media around team USA.

"Hello guys! As most of you guys know me and for the rest my name is Dave Fisher. I am the senior director of Communications aka your boss"

Some laughed and he  continued on "We have similar faces here and we also have new ones. So let's introduce ourselves to them and make them part of the team"