Chapter 4-time for change

Laura POV
I whispered to myself 'I can't do this anymore' and everything went black.
I don't know how long it was before I came back but I was still on the toilet floor and someone was still sat by the door and saying "please, please be alive, please."

Ross POV
'Please, please be alive, please' I kept repeating to myself because Laura wouldn't move and didn't make a sound. After a while I started to hear movement coming from inside and I gain the slight amount of hope.

"Open the door Laura please".

"No you might hurt me or beat me up or they will" she said and started to sob.

"No, Laura, I promise I will never do anything like that to you ever again, if you come out I'll show you I was like you and still am somewhere inside me."

There was silence and I heard the lock jolt and open. Laura came out her eyes were puffy and red and her arms stained in blood. It was everywhere!
I decided to jam the entrance to the toilets shut just incase, you never know who's here after school.
I cleaned up the floor, then I walked over to Laura.

"Pass me your arm" I say.

"I don't want to you might hurt me" she said in fear.

" Laura I wouldn't hurt you ever again, please give me your arm."

She slowly lifted her arm up and I started to dab her skin gently with a wet cloth.
She started to sob so I brought her into my chest, I slowly sat me and her down and rubbed her back, she carried on crying.

"Please don't cry Laura, pretty girls shouldn't cry because it ruins their smile" I said and she stopped crying and just snuggle into my chest.

I didn't know whether she would answer but I had to ask.

"what happened to make you do this I mean I know Samantha, the populars girls and me pushed you over the edge but what happened before that?" I said, I hated the fact that I was one of the ones in this question.

"I...I...I don't know whether I trust you yet" she stuttered but it was understandable because I haven't been anything but mean to her all her life.

"Okay, that's cool I understand. I'll just have to earn your trust if you would let me?" I say.

"I guess..." She said unsure.

"Hey, smile Laura" I say.

She shook her head.

"Please just smile once, for me" I begged with puppy dog eyes. She gave in and quickly flashed me a smile but then frowned again. I didn't like seeing her this way.
"Do you want me to show you were not so different?"

She nodded.

First I lifted up my shirt sleeves to reveal faded scars from previously, then I took out my test papers and showed my A* results on all of them, finally I showed my study notes and my report cards.

She just stared then spoke out "you were like me, but why did you change?" She said softly and quietly

"Because I wasn't as strong as you and I couldn't take it anymore" I said ashamed because a nerd was who I was and I lied my way to the top.

"I...I...I don't understand we could've been great friends if you didn't lie to me and hurt me most of all" she burst into tears at the last, it was true I had hurt her.

"I know, I know, if you'd let me id like the chance to make up for what I've done to you" I said hoping she would let me.

"Fine" she said.

It's weird I don't know her well but I can't stand what we've been doing to her and the thought of her cutting again kills me inside and out.

Maybe it's time for me to change...