Chapter 16 - Stars

(JUNIOR POV)

While watching movie, I kinda feel bored and want to get some fresh air. I walked to our dorm balcony. I was surprised to see there's someone already there looking at the empty streets. It's her... Jung Rin.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked

"Ah... Oppa.. Sorry.. I watched the movie before so I went out here just to get some air." She answered me and continue looking at the streets.

"You're not cold?" I'm worried she feels cold since I do not know how long she's out here.

"Gwenchana. I'm fine. Oppa, thank you again for the ipod. I really need it and had planned to get one. It was very useful. I will pay oppa back later." Now she finally looked at me and smiled happily. This is the first time I see her up close like this. Like what Jackson always said to all of us, she's pretty.

"It's okay. You do not need to pay me back. It's a gift from me to you. Just make sure you work hard, debut soon and meet us on stage." I patted her head to give her some encouragement. Seems like there's something in her mind as she looked at the empty streets just now.

She nods her head. "I will oppa! Jung Rin hwaiting!!!"

Then, we both just standing there silently and look at the stars.

"Yeppeuda...(so pretty).." She said. "Everytime I see stars, I always feel envy and want to be one. Its so far but so pretty. It's really hard to reach but actually stars had very hard time to be a star too. Star formation begins when the denser parts of the cloud core collapse under their own weight or gravity. These cores typically in the form of gas and dust. The cores are denser than the outer cloud, so they collapse first. As the cloud collapses, a dense, hot core forms and begins gathering dust and gas. Not all of this material ends up as part of a star — the remaining dust can become planets, asteroids, or comets or may remain as dust."

I looked at her fascinately. She indeed is a smart girl at her age. No wonder she finished her degree as one of the top students in her university. Jimin told us all about her being super smart at her university. That's the other reason JYP-PD nim willing to wait for her.

"You know what oppa, stars really remind me of you guys. Idols are hard to reach, very soothing for the fans to look at which gives hope but at the same time very hard to reach. But actually behind the scenes, all idols work so hard to be idols. Like stars, its either becoming stars or end up just being dust. Some trainees either make it or debut."

I smiled at her comparisons. I guess she was thinking about her training days and about her future just now.

"You know what Jung Rin, I know most of us already debut but if you ask any idols who make it or not they will definitely say they enjoyed the memories of being trainees. I think it is the most fun time as you remember all the hard work you've been through to get to reach your dreams. Hwaiting! I know you can do it."