Chapter 72 - Closer

[BREAKING NEWS : UPDATED - JYPE CONFIRMS SOLOIST JUNG RIN INJURED FROM A FAN SUDDEN AMBUSHED]

JYP Entertainment finally released a statement regarding Solo Singer, Jung Rin Lee getting injured from a sudden fan ambushed that happened late evening today

The representative of the agency stated that the accident had occurred as Jung Rin were leaving the filming location of her live recording with GOT7 JB for their single released. A fanboy suddenly came near her and bumped to her which resulting Jung Rin to fall hard backwards on the ground, hitting a near barricades and gotten injured. "The hospital told us that she suffered a few injuries from the impact and she will take time off from her schedules until she recovered."

Furthermore JYP asked the fans to deter dangerous activity and stalking the idols.

"Following artists' without respecting their privacy or personal space is a dangerous act that could cause severe accidents involving not only the artist, but also yourself and everyone around you. As it is dangerous to not only your safety, but others' safety as well, we respectfully ask fans once more [to not act in this manner] so that a situation where the public is endangered does not arise," the statement said.

Fans who stalk idol are known as "sasaeng" in Korean and it has been issues for many years. Many sasaengs were caught breaking and entering the home of their idols', stalking idols on the street and stealing their phone numbers

Prior to the law that prohibit stalking, these actions were rarely prosecuted. Early this year, Korean legislature passed the law to prohibit stalking with two years of jail consequences and fine up to $17,000. The law is expected to reduce over-zealous fans' activity to stalk their favorite idols.

We hope Jung Rin will have speedy recovery.

_____________________________________________

(Jung Rin POV)

I'm finally on my way back from the hospital

I'm finally on my way back from the hospital. I stayed at the hospital for three days. Fans had send a lot of gifts to me as they heard I was hospitalized.