C.20

C.20 || Hot Topic

August

"Gimmie bout two mo' minutes."

"August I said no."

"Three."

"Aug-"

"Aight imma settle fa' just two. Just gimmie somethin' man."

"I just gave you something three times. It was only supposed to be once! Now I'm late."She pulled her shirt ova' her head.

"When I caught you in the shower didn't count."I chuckled.

"It most definitely did. How does this look?"

"Good and okay, so what if it did count?"I shrugged

"Good and okay, so what if it did count?"I shrugged."I was just....celebratin' the continuation of our contract."

"I guess."She laughed."Have you gotten around to telling your family the news yet?"

"Nah."I cleared my throat."Tried callin' Mel again since I kinda told Trav the first time but he didn't pick up."

She frowned,"That's not like him."

"I thought that too so I called Cha to see what the deal was and she said he just been workin' a lot."

"Oh."She sprayed on perfume."How do you feel about it?"

"I'm not nervous as I thought I would be. It's been two days since the test so the results come back today."

"So since you're confident that she's yours will you talk to your mother-"

I sighed."Hea' you go."

"What? Here I go with what?"

"I already tol' you about this. My mama and me don't talk because she don't wanna talk, not the otha' way around."

"So why can't you be the bigger person and attempt to talk to-"

"Because I don't fuckin' want to. Shit don't make no sense tryna talk to somebody who don't wanna hea' shit you have to say."

She scoffed and rolled her eyes sarcastically,"You don't say."

"Nah."I shook my head."Don't even gimmie all'at cause you know this is two totally different things. I don't wanna hea' shit you gotta say cause you don't have no place in this, not cause I simply don't wanna hea' it."