C. 35

C.35 || Put In Place

August

"Mel?"I took a seat in the chair outside as I watched Treasure play on the swing set.

"Yeah bruh, why you sound so surprised? You did call for me right?"He chuckled.

"Yeah but I wasn't really expectin' yo' ass to answer. You been so damn M.I.A lately I feel like you the real celebrity and shit."

He cleared his throat as he chuckled."Nah man das' all you. Wazzam though?"

"Ain't shit,"I yawned,"chillin'. Decided to call you so we could chop it up real quick."

"Yeah I heard you in H-Town. Whatchu doin' all the way out thea'?"

"Was outchea' for a interview at first but I ended up runnin' into my baybeh mama so I stood a few mo' nights or whateva'."

"Oh yeah. I heard you fucked up, like really fucked shit up with that."

I huffed and rubbed my hands threw my hair."I did but I fixed it and we all good now. We actually been talkin' bout them movin' to the A with me."

"Oh yeah? She down fa' that?"

"At first she wasn't but I got her to rock with it eventually. Afta' this la' trip we going on I told her we could look for a spot for them."

"La' trip? Lemme found out yo' ass out thea' playin' house."

"Playin' house?"I chuckled."Fuck is you talkin' bout man?"

"Ay, ain't this the same girl who had you smilin' hard as hell in the same week you met her?"He laughed."She gotchu sprung already bruh?"

"Ion know whatchu talkin' bout. Aug ain't sprung, buhlee dat."I shook my head.

"Lemme ask you sumn, you kissed her yet?"

"What that gotta do with anything?"

He smacked his lips."C'mon son, don't fuckin' play dumb like you'on know what i'm talkin' bout. Did you kiss her yet or what?"

"...A couple times, why?"

"Aaaaw shit."

"What?"

"Might as well tell mama she was right."He chuckled.

"Right about what?"

"Right about yo' puppy love ass. You like this girl man."

"....How you get that from a kiss?"

"Because it's comin' from the nigga who argued me down back inna' day that he wasn't puttin' his lips on no girl unless she was his girl 'cause he don't trust everybody lips like that..."

I smacked my lips."Man shut up. I said that dumb ass shit a long time ago."

"So what? I bet chu' still live by that dumb ass shit though."He laughed as I smacked my lips again."So keep it a bill, you fuckin' with that?"